Canadian Soccer Part II

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Can we start putting some respeck on David/Davies? They are better than any USMNT player as was stated weeks ago controversially.

These kids are the real deal. Just got to hope the pipeline continues to add more pieces for them to work around them.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Going to be really interesting to see how the rankings are effected by this game, kind of nervous for that part of this.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

American media having a field day. I hope Herman's tactical masterclass is not lost in all of the story lines.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Buzzing what a match!

We'll be 6th now and difficult to dislodge so looks like we're finally going to the Hex! Can do some real damage there too
Recent edition of FIFA Rankings make upcoming home fixture vs USA crucial for Canada

Yeah its looking good, but as a die hard CMNT fan I'm going find a way to skeptical until the HEX schedule comes out and see Canada there ;).

On a side note I wonder how they will allocate the home games. I'm hoping they are split between BMO and BC Place, the dome could come in handy in the winter

Reactions: finchster

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I have more to dissect when I watch the game again tonight or tomorrow, but I’m not having this narrative that the win was because of the US coach and the US team being bad. Full credit to Herman and the lads who staged and played a fantastic game; this wasn’t a smash and grab kind of win Canada thoroughly outplayed the US.

I am also revelling in the symbolism of Davies scoring the go ahead and eventual game winner against the US as Canada steps into essentially a new era of soccer.

Reactions: Tuggy

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can we start putting some respeck on David/Davies? They are better than any USMNT player as was stated weeks ago controversially.

These players you are trying to compare them to are proven at the top level. Their bench mark is not a friendly international match. We weren’t beating our chests when McKennie dunked for 90 minutes on Cuban defectors. That’s not his benchmark. His benchmark is every week with his club team. Your benchmark for your players should be at the club level, not in CONCACAF.

Don’t ruin your victory by saying something dumb. It comes off as jealousy when you have a historic victory for your team and are trying to instantly compare your players to American players.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
These players you are trying to compare them to are proven at the top level. Their bench mark is not a friendly international match. We weren’t beating our chests when McKennie dunked for 90 minutes on Cuban defectors. That’s not his benchmark. His benchmark is every week with his club team. Your benchmark for your players should be at the club level, not in CONCACAF.

Don’t ruin your victory by saying something dumb. It comes off as jealousy when you have a historic victory for your team and are trying to instantly compare your players to American players.

You act as if you have a team of players dominating in the big European Leagues which is simply not the case. Pulisic has been underwhelming this year, Sargent has been alright, McKennie has been good I'll give you that, but he is far from a world beater. On our side, David has been scoring for fun across all competitions and Davies has a goal in 4 games and has played well for Bayern in the stints he has gotten. Plus both players are 2000's so they are 2 years behind Pulisic and McKennie.

Also what on earth should we be jealous of when it comes to the USMNT?

BrainyBomber

Apr 1, 2018
Yeah its looking good, but as a die hard CMNT fan I'm going find a way to skeptical until the HEX schedule comes out and see Canada there ;).

On a side note I wonder how they will allocate the home games. I'm hoping they are split between BMO and BC Place, the dome could come in handy in the winter
I don't know why we don't lay at Commonwealth in winter. The Central Americans use every trick in the book against us we should follow suit. They wouldn't be able to handle the freezing cold of Edmonton

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So the next FIFA ranking update is next week (October 24th)...

Took this from another forum, but they calculated the points and this is what it should be:

5. Honduras 1368
6. Canada 1339
7. El Salvador 1336
8. Curacao 1323
9. Panama 1310

From one massive match (last night) to another massive match (Nov 15th).

They really need to get at least a draw in Orlando because all the teams around them are still alive in the Nations league aswell.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

There is no jealousy over a team that was played off the pitch Lol.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Except this comes from before the game, where I was told I was delusional to even think Davies/David were comparable to the great Pulisic. My statement remains the same; I wouldn't trade those two for any American player. As mentioned above nobody thinks the Americans are lighting it up at club level either, and you can judge players on talent before they have the opportunity to prove themselves at the 'top level'.

Also there were certainly some comments about McKennie after he scored against Cuba. Not that you're in any position to say what would ruin our historic win. You're not on that side, chap.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Fantastic win.

David and Davies are already on another level. When will the World Cup qualifying start if we go directly to the Hex?

The US team is just complete garbage with Radek Bonk Bradley still there and Daniel Lovitz starting must be a joke or something. The guy wasn't even starting for the Impact lately! It's actually quite impressive for such a big country to be this bad for many years now.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Fantastic win.

David and Davies are already on another level. When will the World Cup qualifying start if we go directly to the Hex?

The US team is just complete garbage with Radek Bonk Bradley still there and Daniel Lovitz starting must be a joke or something. The guy wasn't even starting for the Impact lately! It's actually quite impressive for such a big country to be this bad for many years now.

This has all you need to know:

2022 FIFA World Cup qualification (CONCACAF) - Wikipedia

And people are getting too far ahead of themselves with this Hex talk.

Was this a great win and a step in the right direction? Yes, but they still need to get results before June 2020.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad