Canadian Soccer Part II

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You coming back up for that game?
Yup. Going to Ticats opener, staying over at Hamilton Guesthouse that night, going to Toronto the next day to go to a hostel I booked cheap, then coming back for the Forge game at 5. Then back to Toronto for 11pm red eye back to NYC. Sit in section 213, row 17 seat 16 for Cats games if you go to them.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yup. Going to Ticats opener, staying over at Hamilton Guesthouse that night, going to Toronto the next day to go to a hostel I booked cheap, then coming back for the Forge game at 5. Then back to Toronto for 11pm red eye back to NYC. Sit in section 213, row 17 seat 16 for Cats games if you go to them.

That is a good looking travel plan. Should be a fun one seeing Forge wear the black and gold.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Well a terrible end to the game.....
WATCH: Forge's Roberts sent off in last-minute penalty against Cavalry

This was followed by a mini brawl, Forge cannot continue to concede late goals like this, but the high foot on Bekker has to be called as well.
Escalante is a vile disgusting cheating punk, and if I was at the match I would've had to resist the urge to run onto the pitch and punch him right in his stupid ugly face. Actually their whole team were a bunch of punks.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Cavalry FC Players Accuse Forge FC Assistant Coach of Making Racist Remarks - Northern Tribune

If this is true it would definitely explain some of the end of game commotion, terrible to see in the game and I hope we don't have to worry about too many of these kinds of things coming out in this league.
Has anyone reported what the actual comments he is alleged to have said are? If he went Hulk Hogan here he needs to be sacked, I mean would our black players want to play for the guy if this is true?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Well a terrible end to the game.....
WATCH: Forge's Roberts sent off in last-minute penalty against Cavalry

This was followed by a mini brawl, Forge cannot continue to concede late goals like this, but the high foot on Bekker has to be called as well.

That high foot should of been called. Poor job by the officials there.

Would have liked to have seen the goalie go hard for that ball and grab it but, it was a bit of a tough play as he may have been caught in two minds there, go or stick.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Has anyone reported what the actual comments he is alleged to have said are? If he went Hulk Hogan here he needs to be sacked, I mean would our black players want to play for the guy if this is true?

All I have heard from the incident is through this article. Not much else has come out yet.

Pretty serious allegations though.

Reactions: sabremike

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Would have liked to have seen the goalie go hard for that ball and grab it but, it was a bit of a tough play as he may have been caught in two minds there, go or stick.

Both keepers have had a tough go for Forge so far. Roberts has been especially indecisive and seems to have trouble controlling himself and the ball. Unfortunate for him as he has a decent pedigree compared to a lot of the other keepers in the CPL

Reactions: sabremike

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
First CPL player to get a sniff of the CANMNT today. Noah Verhoeven added to the pre-competition camp to train. He won't be playing in the Gold Cup though

Reactions: PanniniClaus

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Frustrating to see things like this especially with how Supporter culture has grown here in Canada

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Didn't get a chance to watch but Canada won the tune up (training match) against Trinidad and Tobago last night 2-0. Arfield with both goals.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Cavalry moving on to play the White Caps after a flat performance by forge. Terrible from Cela at the end there diving for a penalty when he has a real opportunity in the box.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Cavalry moving on to play the White Caps after a flat performance by forge. Terrible from Cela at the end there diving for a penalty when he has a real opportunity in the box.
Cela should have his ass nailed to the bench this Saturday for that. Total disgrace, and as you pointed out if he doesn't pull that crap there's a good chance we score. As bad as losing was that play made me absolutely sick. And couple that with the abomination that took place in the Open Cup in NJ tonight and I'm pretty much in a mood to kick puppies right now. I hope the Caps beat the hell out of them as bad as the US beat Thailand today.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Forge looked strong early on but fizzled out after 25 minutes. What a match- Pasquotti was so lethal.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Forge looked strong early on but fizzled out after 25 minutes. What a match- Pasquotti was so lethal.

Yeah it was a rough second half. The D struggled and the set pieces looked terrible.

Pasquotti is rapid, one of the scariest threats in the league at this point.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Canada Mens Team announced that they will be playing their Nations League group A games at BMO field. September 7 they will have Cuba and then October 15 they will host the US.

Reactions: Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Crazy day today; 3 CPL games and both National teams with games. Canada

Soccer has com along way

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
With that win it looks like Canada is almost sure to get the CONCACAF Champions League qualification spot. It's also huge for staying in contention for the spring league Title although Cavalry are looking like they may have it in the bag. I'm not sure it really matter which team wins the Spring, it seems pretty likely it will be Forge v Cavalry in the finals.

We know one thing based on how the league has behaved so far that whether they qualify or not Forge will be in the final no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad