Canadian Soccer Part II

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Why would he want to return to MLS? :laugh:

He just got a golden ticket to one of the most prestigious leagues on the planet, I'd say he's set in Munich for the forseeable future.

Well, after this season, as previously reported. He'll finish the season in Vancouver and then report to Germany to continue developing his career.

Depending on how he fares in Germany, is there a chance he would forgo his ties to Canada and join the German men's national team if asked?

Not sure if it's possible now given that he's played at least briefly for the Canadian men's team.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Why would he want to return to MLS? :laugh:

He just got a golden ticket to one of the most prestigious leagues on the planet, I'd say he's set in Munich for the forseeable future.

Well, after this season, as previously reported. He'll finish the season in Vancouver and then report to Germany to continue developing his career.

Depending on how he fares in Germany, is there a chance he would forgo his ties to Canada and join the German men's national team if asked?

Not sure if it's possible now given that he's played at least briefly for the Canadian men's team.

He's already cap-tied to Canada.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't see how, he's probably never going to see the pitch as first team squad member. He will be loaned out to small European club and bounce around.

It's still a major step forward and sign to Canadians that they can go places with soccer . Plus he is only 17 and has many years ahead of him at top end development programs. Whether he plays for Bayern or not does not matter to me: what matters is he will be an unreal addition to the CMNT.

Reactions: Rob

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He'll be better than Pulisic.

Why compare him to Pulisic?

Let the kid get out of MLS and into a good league before we start comparing him to Pulisic. At Davies age, Pulisic was a very good squad player on a last 8 UCL team. Davies probably won't even be starting out at Bayern. He'll most likely go out on loan.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I think many people here haven’t seen Davies play to say that he’ll never make it to the first team with Bayern.

Davies is one of the best 17 yrs old prospect in the world. If he was from a more traditional soccer nation he’d be hyped to no end. This kid is legit. He’ll be a regular starter with Bayern at 20 yrs of age. You can quote me on that.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why compare him to Pulisic?

Let the kid get out of MLS and into a good league before we start comparing him to Pulisic. At Davies age, Pulisic was a very good squad player on a last 8 UCL team. Davies probably won't even be starting out at Bayern. He'll most likely go out on loan.
Time will tell.

I doubt Davies makes it as regular so soon, but let's see how he performs by January. Bayern may not have much of a choice if they keep relying on injury prone wingers in Robbery and Coman.

Pulisic at the same age wouldn't have been bought by Bayern as well.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Time will tell.

I doubt Davies makes it as regular so soon, but let's see how he performs by January. Bayern may not have much of a choice if they keep relying on injury prone wingers in Robbery and Coman.

Pulisic at the same age wouldn't have been bought by Bayern as well.
According to the article in the province he has been promised he will not be loaned out or not on the first team

Reactions: All Might

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That last game Davies looked like he could do anything he wanted. Excited to see him come to Toronto for the Canadian Championships

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I can't find anything about him in this topic, but forward Jonathan David is having a very good start to his career in Belgium. Just 18 years old, Gent signed him in January from Ottawa Gloucester Hornets. Last week he scored on his debut in the Belgian League, saving a point for Gent in the 95th minute down a goal. And last night he scored the GWG in Gent's Europa League qualifying game against Jagiellonia in Poland.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So just wanting to start some discussion here cause I miss the National team.

Of you create a starting 11 right now, who makes your team an what formation are you using?

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
So just wanting to start some discussion here cause I miss the National team.

Of you create a starting 11 right now, who makes your team an what formation are you using?

Good question. I am a USMNT/MLS guy who has always had an admiration for Canada. I hope that they can finally put it together and at least make the Hex this time around.

The huge weakness that sticks out for me is GK and the entire backline. It is subpar for CONCACAF qualifying even. Howver, the midfield and attack have some exciting young options and vets who can still hack it at this level of qualifying: Davies, Larin, Osorio, Kaye, Hutchinson, and Arfield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad