Canadian returnees in 2007/08

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Well i know Toews can if he wants to but i think he'll be in the NHL by then.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Toews, Alzner, Irving, Marchand, and Gagner are all eligible to return.

Guys like Tavares, Sheppard, Esposito, Wishart, Giroux, Maxwell should all make the team next year.

emb24*

you know what's crazy? I think crosby was young enough to return this year and he's leading the NHL in points. talk about a country deep in talent.

:teach:

codycanuck24

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver

im looking forward to seeing irving play next year i was shocked that canada didnt let him play even once , although price was amazing . And i think toews will be playing in chicago this time next year

Prospector

Aug 28, 2004

Guys like Tavares, Sheppard, Esposito, Wishart, Giroux, Maxwell should all make the team next year.

Excellent list!

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Excellent list!

If Michael Stinziani had not been injured this season, he would have blossomed into a prospect for next year's team. The kid was magic at the under 17 Challenge last year. Better than Esposito, IMHO. Unfortunately, his injury hampered severely his development, and, right now, he's not even a stable fixture with the Gatineau Olympiques.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Who is eligible to return to the Canadian team next year?

Who else would you expect make the team next year? I'm gonna say who ever returns (I think there 5 eligible), Tavares and Doughty I think will be on the team as well.

Zach Hamill, John Tavares, Jonathan Bernier, Claude Giroux, Ben Maxwell, Drew Doughty, Angelo Esposito, Logan Couture, Ryan White, Riley Holzapfel, Brandon Sutter, Mathieu Perreault, James Sheppard, etc.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion

im looking forward to seeing irving play next year i was shocked that canada didnt let him play even once , although price was amazing . And i think toews will be playing in chicago this time next year
I think Irvine would have played if the schedule/timing would have been different. The Germany game looked to be a perfect one for him, but as it turned it out, it was the battle for first place, so you obviously wanted Price in for that one. And the game vs. Slovakia meant nothing as far as stats were concerned, but if you don't start Price, then your No. 1 goalie doesn't get a game for a week - a recipe for disaster in a short tournament. Irvine will be fine next year.

The defence is obviously the area that will need the most shoring up, with only Alzner returning. This draft does appear to be a good one for Canadian defenceman, which is good, because 2006 was not a good draft for Canadian defenders. I don't know if Wishart will be there or not, he's not very mobile, and I think that's why he wasn't even invited to camp. Expect our blue line to be loaded with 2007 draftees. Dougherty's a late 89 who I expect to be on next year's team.

Gagner and Marchand will be back next year. I'll dance a jig if Toews is back. There should be more offensive potential on next year's team, but I think we say that every year, only to have the theory shot down by the unexpected. (In the case of this year's team, Setoguchi struggled all year, Brassard got hurt and Staal unexpectedly stuck with Pittsburgh). You hope that the 88's who were at camp will be there (especially Giroux and Maxwell, who could really be difference makers offensively). A player like James Sheppard may not, because of, again, skating issues. There are some 89's, like Esposito and Couture, who should be there, and Tavares will be on next year's team, too.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I think Mark Katic has a shot at making the team next year as an 18-year old. He's the kind of defencemen big ice would benefit alot and reminds me a bit of Kris Russell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->