Canadian players which are MISTAKES on the roster thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProngerRocks

Feb 7, 2006
jtuzzi said:
how so? He has been average at worst. I realize many hate him, but you can't really fault him on his play.

Its perception friend - the fact that most canuck fans think Bertuzzi has been one of canada's best fowards shows you how bad he really has been playing this year.

Rakiet*

I would subtract Draper, the management was just doing him a favour by including him on the roster, Spezza would have been 1000x better in his place

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Zaddik said:
exactly, which is the problem this board has. they hate this guy so much they don't even care about his performance, all they care about is just bashing the crap out of him. it's absurd.

Its all about point of view. From my point of view, its ridiculous that the most talented hockey team on the planet would stoop to include a man who tried to kill another man with his bare hands. I am rooting against team canada, the sole reason being Bertuzzi's inclusion.

jd84

Jan 28, 2006
Captain Conservative said:
Its all about point of view. From my point of view, its ridiculous that the most talented hockey team on the planet would stoop to include a man who tried to kill another man with his bare hands. I am rooting against team canada, the sole reason being Bertuzzi's inclusion.

Kill?? Don't you to think that is taking it too far?

lennie

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
ProngerRocks said:
Its perception friend - the fact that most canuck fans think Bertuzzi has been one of canada's best fowards shows you how bad he really has been playing this year.

Its been pointed out before but bears repeating. If you hate the guy (Bertuzzi) thats your perogative. But it is unfair to say he is the problem or the worst Canadian forword. is just wrong.

He has been far from the worst forword on the team. Funny how Iginla has been all but invisiable the last two games yet gets a free pass.

I mean come on Pronger has just been horrible out there.

In my opinion this team misses Jovanoski and Niedemeyer.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
ProngerRocks said:

Can you try to... I don't know.. be a little objective or is that too much to ask?

If you say stuff like he's a cancer in the room, I expect you to back that up with something.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Not that any of you care what an American thinks, but team Canada will be all right.

I'll still pick them for Gold regardless of their slow start. It will all come together in the medal round, IMO.

Best of luck to our only NA chance for a medal.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I think the style they've chosen to go with has dictated what players they've picked, both of which look like a mistake at this point. But you never know.

Clearly, I would have loved for Staal and Phaneuf to be on this team.

St-Louis was a mistake. Bertuzzi was playing well with Sakic and Iginla, they'll probably put him back there.

Thornton is a floater, but just stick him on the fourth line or something, maybe he'll set someone up.

Gagne is overrated and not very effective without Forsberg. Maybe stick him with Richards or something.

Everyone on our D is injured or coming off injury. They should at least stick Boyle in there for one of them so we can move the puck and maybe hit the net.

ProngerRocks

Feb 7, 2006
lennie said:
Its been pointed out before but bears repeating. If you hate the guy (Bertuzzi) thats your perogative. But it is unfair to say he is the problem or the worst Canadian forword. is just wrong.

He has been far from the worst forword on the team. Funny how Iginla has been all but invisiable the last two games yet gets a free pass.

I mean come on Pronger has just been horrible out there.

In my opinion this team misses Jovanoski and Niedemeyer.

This team does not miss Jovanoski. No way sorry - Mr. giveaway, Mr get beat in the corners - mr i dont know what defense is has no place on any Team Canada anymore. no way no thank you.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
ProngerRocks said:
This team does not miss Jovanoski. No way sorry - Mr. giveaway, Mr get beat in the corners - mr i dont know what defense is has no place on any Team Canada anymore. no way no thank you.

he played well in the Olympics before, and he was still the same Jovo. Players play differently depending on the circumstances. I doubt he would play that much worse than some of the Dmen already present. As well, his mobility and offensive insticts could have helped.

Big Mama*

Ironchef Chris Wok said:
What has RYAN SMYTH done to upset you?

And Regehr? There are no uninjured Canadian defenseman that's better than Robyn Regehr.

Regehr has been a pylon. His immobility is a liability.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
ProngerRocks said:

I sense some anticanuck bias in your posts. Perhaps you shoudl refrain from commenting on canucks players if you cant comment objectively. Youve only got a hundred posts, dont you wanna stick around for some more?

1datsyuk3*

Rakiet said:
I would subtract Draper, the management was just doing him a favour by including him on the roster, Spezza would have been 1000x better in his place

Would much rather have Staal over Speeza......

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
1datsyuk3 said:
Would much rather have Staal over Speeza......

Then who plays checking center role?

Dont discredit drapers talents as a top 3 defensive forward in the world right now. He is being misused by the coaches.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I think as a a whole they`ve overrated their defensemen. I`m sorry but even though he has played with great Colorado teams, Blake is not an elite guy. Clearly not the man that he used to be. Same thing with Pronger, injured or not.

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
I would prefer these guys: Pronger, Bert/Smyth, Draper,, Lecavelier and St Louis replaced by Boyle/Phillips, Savard, Crosby, Spezza and Stall. Of course the problem with that is that all of those 4 forwards play center so it really comes down to whether they can switch to the wing.

lennie

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
cc said:
he played well in the Olympics before, and he was still the same Jovo. Players play differently depending on the circumstances. I doubt he would play that much worse than some of the Dmen already present. As well, his mobility and offensive insticts could have helped.

Bingo! He thrived in the role given him by the coaching staff in 2002.

ProngerRocks. you are just losing any credibility you have by not being objective. Your anti-Canuck bias is obvious :shakehead

I think we miss Jovo's & Niedemeyer's skating ability, and their quick outlet pases out of the defensive zone

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Kimota said:
I think as a a whole they`ve overrated their defensemen. I`m sorry but even though he has played with great Colorado teams, Blake is not an elite guy. Clearly not the man that he used to be. Same thing with Pronger, injured or not.
Pronger was doubtful to even going to the Olympics because of a broken foot. His foot is giving him pain and he's sucking it up because he wants to play for Canada and yet he gets criticized the most and blamed for Canada's losses. I really wish Pronger would have done the same as Niedermeyer and withdrawn because of the injury. Playing half the game isn't helping the injury. In fact, the injury is getting worse.

How can Pronger be blamed for Canada's loss when they haven't scored in 2 games. How can you blame Pronger when the forwards can't score.

lennie

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Smyth2Hemsky said:
Pronger was doubtful to even going to the Olympics because of a broken foot. His foot is giving him pain and he's sucking it up because he wants to play for Canada and yet he gets criticized the most and blamed for Canada's losses. I really wish Pronger would have done the same as Niedermeyer and withdrawn because of the injury. Playing half the game isn't helping the injury. In fact, the injury is getting worse.

How can Pronger be blamed for Canada's loss when they haven't scored in 2 games. How can you blame Pronger when the forwards can't score.

I don't neccesarily disagree with your views here. But why is Pronger there if he is injured and can't give %100? He is hurting the team more than helping it.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Smyth2Hemsky said:

I always felt he was overrated to begin with. There`s a crop of defensemen that have been hyped to no ends for several years like crazy because people wanted successors to the Bourques and Coffeys but they never had the numbers or skills to show for. To having considered the Niedermyers, Prongers, Blakes over the years as elite has been pathetic to see. I have more faith in the new generation with the Phaneuf, Johnson, Boomeester, etc...

joe_shannon_1983*

Kimota said:
I always felt he was overrated to begin with. There`s a crop of defensemen that have been hyped to no ends for several years like crazy because people wanted successors to the Bourques and Coffeys but they never had the numbers or skills to show for. To having considered the Niedermyers, Prongers, Blakes over the years as elite has been pathetic to see. I have more faith in the new generation with the Phaneuf, Johnson, Boomeester, etc...

First, Niedermayer, Pronger, and Blake have been elite for the last 10 years or so. Maybe not the calibre of Bourque. But still elite. Other than Lidstrom, those three Canadian defensemen have been the best defensemen in the world over the last 10 eyars or so. All three of those Canadian defensemen have the Norris Trophies and All-Star Team Selections to prove that they have been elite.

Second, what "Johnson" are you talking about? Because the only elite young defensemen that I know of with the last name "Johnson" are both Americans (Jack Johnson and Eric Johnson).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad