Canadian Media overkill with this years World Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRB

Apr 29, 2005
Toronto, Canada
www.prbsports.com
I've been getting the feed here in the UK/Ireland on NASN also from TSN and I have been loving it. Think they give great coverage and its excellent to see hockey getting some airtime. Gotta love the international games.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
therealdeal said:
I dont think a hockey fan board is the place for you if you dont like hockey.

Quite frankly until NHL players agree to a CBA and are playing NHL hockey I won't support them even in International competition. I resent media types that have also been slamming many of the players and the PA and then turning around to micro analyze the players and this years Worlds way more so than any other year.

I realize they are bored and many of them rely on hockey to remain employed but IMO it's been overkill for weeks now. That doesn't mean I'm not a hockey fan. Tie Domi came clean the other day and he has earned or regained some respect for speaking the truth and for giving it to both sides. I just wish more players would put pressure on their leader the way Tie did and then maybe I would be a little more interested in this years inappropriately named World Championships.

espo*

Belfast Giants said:
I've been getting the feed here in the UK/Ireland on NASN also from TSN and I have been loving it. Think they give great coverage and its excellent to see hockey getting some airtime. Gotta love the international games.
An Irish hockey fan watching the world's.You must be a die-hard...a real fan.

Captain Leaf

Oh My God ..a CANADIAN sports network reporting on ice hockey and Team Canada..who woulda thunk.
Yes we are all sick of this CBA crap ..but whats wrong with putting aside the NHL garbage and cheer for our country and whomever decides to play for FREE , maybe just maybe because they are proud to represent their country wether they be american , canadian , slovak or chinese .
Frankly ide be watching if it was Joe Schmoe playing for the Maple Leaf .
If i was to complain about OVERKILL it would be the Blow Jays and Craptors ..now thats overkill.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
eye said:
Quite frankly until NHL players agree to a CBA and are playing NHL hockey I won't support them even in International competition. I resent media types that have also been slamming many of the players and the PA and then turning around to micro analyze the players and this years Worlds way more so than any other year.

I realize they are bored and many of them rely on hockey to remain employed but IMO it's been overkill for weeks now. That doesn't mean I'm not a hockey fan. Tie Domi came clean the other day and he has earned or regained some respect for speaking the truth and for giving it to both sides. I just wish more players would put pressure on their leader the way Tie did and then maybe I would be a little more interested in this years inappropriately named World Championships.

Call me crazy, but as a hockey fan, I would assume you would like to watch hockey at the highest level. You're punishing no one but yourself by getting annoyed at the coverage, its really QUITE a childish attitude. You're either not a hockey fan, or you haven't really thought this out very much.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Consider the options...Canadian Sports media pumping our ears and eyes a steady feed of "lockouttalk" or very intense coverage of the IIHF's...its a no brainer for me.
Even with some actual hockey to watch...the tourney is still going to be marred by more than enough "updates" on the "zero progress" of negotiations...but I'm thankful that the IIHF's are on....to get away from the "bored"-room.

mackdogs*

The horse seems dead... but I may as well add a couple cents. Too much hockey coverage? Isn't that like too much money? There just isn't such a thing. TSN knows how hockey starved the country is and is saturating us with it. Personally, I love it. It's a wonderful reprieve to the crap going on with the NHL.

Short & simple: if you are getting sick of the coverage turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad