Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
It's actually 4 straight wins, including Calgary, and looking really good for all 4. But I understand that it's hard for some Leafs fans to let other fan bases get excited once in a while. Jealousy maybe?

I’m just saying don’t throw stones from a glass house, because after you all got swept there was nary an Oilers fan to be found on the mains.

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
I’m just saying don’t throw stones from a glass house, because after you all got swept there was nary an Oilers fan to be found on the mains.
And deservedly so. Oilers played like crap and deserved the losses. Doesn't mean they're a terrible team altogether or that our fans can't post our opinions about the division we watch regularly. Leafs and Oilers have some of the most obnoxious fans on this website and I don't think anyone will disagree with me on that. But 4 straight wins and 12/17 is still something to be excited about even if we had a small blip against a good team. Hopefully we can avenge our losses in the future against the best team in our division. Best of luck tonight against Winnipeg.

Reactions: libertarian

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
Well I mean if you beat Calgary! Definitely something to be jealous of then. How many in a row was it before we ran a train over you again?
You don't have to beat around the bush. Your 1 win in the past 4 has you a little upset but I think you can make it 2 in a row tonight and get the streak going again. Best of luck.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Well I mean if you beat Calgary! Definitely something to be jealous of then. How many in a row was it before we ran a train over you again?
So Ottawa is horrible, Vancouver is bad, Calgary is no good, Edmonton isn’t very good, and the jets are being dominated by the leafs. Let me guess you were one of the people getting upset when people claimed the north division was weak?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Are you being serious.
A 2 on 1 from here isn't a dangerous chance?

giphy.gif

Honestly I could care less what is defined as a HDC because the red light tells you all you need to know.
Look up high, medium and low shot. Even a high danger shot has something like a 23% chance of scoring. You most certainly dont get 2 goals out of 2 shots.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I haven’t been upset once, but your continued trolling and attack of people that are only wanting to clarify that “High danger chances” is not an exact science and therefor can be incorrect of what actually happened is very saddening.
If in a span of two sentences you put “stats don’t lie” and “they can be skewed by human error” then I think that in fact they can lie and you’re the one saying it. Even outside of human error stats can be shown countless ways to be used incorrectly and therefor be misleading
I haven’t trolled anyone. When there are several stats saying the same thing HD scoring chances Corsica, shots, xgf, scf etc etc all showing a huge lead for the leafs even when cut by large percentage points to account for error, and you attempt to discredit it on a straw man ‘I think it was this way’ argument, I’m going to call you on it because it doesn’t match reality.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I haven’t trolled anyone. When there are several stats saying the same thing HD scoring chances Corsica, shots, xgf, scf etc etc all showing a huge lead for the leafs even when cut by large percentage points to account for error, and you attempt to discredit it on a straw man ‘I think it was this way’ argument, I’m going to call you on it because it doesn’t match reality.
So you’re trying to call me out for saying that indeed the leafs did outplay the jets and have more chances than the jets? Wow, consider me scolded I guess.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
So Ottawa is horrible, Vancouver is bad, Calgary is no good, Edmonton isn’t very good, and the jets are being dominated by the leafs. Let me guess you were one of the people getting upset when people claimed the north division was weak?
I am one of the people who don't really give a shit what people think about the division.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
I am one of the people who don't really give a shit what people think about the division.

It's a salient point though. Either Toronto is the tallest midget or everyone in the division gets to benefit from playing Ottawa 9x. You can't have it both ways.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I gave you relevant criticism. You deferred first my friend ;)
I mean...except you didn't lol the Oilers are a .500 hockey team against anyone that isn't the Ottawa Senators. That should be...slightly concerning I would think. Not even trying to be an ass lol. You then brought up that the Leafs haven't been successful in the playoffs, which I mean...cool I have been around to note that.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It's a salient point though. Either Toronto is the tallest midget or everyone in the division gets to benefit from playing Ottawa 9x. You can't have it both ways.
It isn't really relevant though. Ottawa is a bad team....there are other bad teams around the league. It is what it is. My point is that Edmonton is stunting on Ottawa and it is propping their record up. Being a .500 team against anyone other then the worst team in your division....should be concerning and I am not sure why anyone would think otherwise. I maintain though I do not give a shit what random people on the internet think about the division.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
My point is that Edmonton is stunting on Ottawa and it is propping their record up.

But so is everyone else? Unless you think no other team in the North gets to play them?

Being a .500 team against anyone other then the worst team in your division....should be concerning and I am not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

It's not great and the team needs additions, yes, but it's also disingenuous to try and paint Edmonton as the only benefactors of the Sens when everyone else in the division gets to play them as well.

I maintain though I do not give a shit what random people on the internet think about the division.

For not caring you seem to comment on the subject frequently.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
But so is everyone else? Unless you think no other team in the North gets to play them?

It's not great and the team needs additions, yes, but it's also disingenuous to try and paint Edmonton as the only benefactors of the Sens when everyone else in the division gets to play them as well.

For not caring you seem to comment on the subject frequently.
I am not trying to paint Edmonton as the only team that has benefited from playing Ottawa but they clearly are the ones that are benefiting the most from it. There is nothing inherently wrong with that...Good teams beat up bad ones. But if you want to go anywhere you need to be better then .500 against the better teams in the division.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I mean...except you didn't lol the Oilers are a .500 hockey team against anyone that isn't the Ottawa Senators. That should be...slightly concerning I would think. Not even trying to be an ass lol. You then brought up that the Leafs haven't been successful in the playoffs, which I mean...cool I have been around to note that.

Care to explain why wins against the Senators don't count?

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

The90

Feb 27, 2017
So you’re trying to call me out for saying that indeed the leafs did outplay the jets and have more chances than the jets? Wow, consider me scolded I guess.
Interesting how you continue to ignore the content of my post. Or not.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Care to explain why wins against the Senators don't count?
Did I say they don't count? I didn't. Good on the Oilers for beating up the Senators, that alone probably locks them in a playoff spot. My point is if we are talking about Edmonton as a threat in the playoffs....they need to be able to consistently beat teams better then the Ottawa Senators at some point. Just my opinion though lol.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
It isn't really relevant though. Ottawa is a bad team....there are other bad teams around the league. It is what it is. My point is that Edmonton is stunting on Ottawa and it is propping their record up. Being a .500 team against anyone other then the worst team in your division....should be concerning and I am not sure why anyone would think otherwise. I maintain though I do not give a shit what random people on the internet think about the division.

Not a Oiler fan but they are currently 4 points out of first. Who they beat or didn't beat to get here is now irrelevant. All that matters now is what they do going forward.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not a Oiler fan but they are currently 4 points out of first. Who they beat or didn't beat to get here is now irrelevant. All that matters now is what they do going forward.
I disagree with it being irrelevant but I do agree that they have the opportunity to change it going forward. Taking care of business against Ottawa has basically locked them into the playoffs at the very least.

Reactions: libertarian

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Sorry but games against Ottawa absolutely count for our record or any teams record.

Edmonton is a playoff team. End of story. They had a rough start. They've been 15-5 since. Take out those 7 Ottawa games and 8-5 is still fine.

Every other team holding a playoff spot has lost to Ottawa. So Edmonton got points there where others didn't.

Dissect it all you want though. You're just wrong.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Sorry but games against Ottawa absolutely count for our record or any teams record.

Edmonton is a playoff team. End of story. They had a rough start. They've been 15-5 since. Take out those 7 Ottawa games and 8-5 is still fine.

Every other team holding a playoff spot has lost to Ottawa. So Edmonton got points there where others didn't.

Dissect it all you want though. You're just wrong.
I mean it is my opinion. I have kind of picked up that you don't agree with it but that doesn't change my opinion lol it is what it is.

Reactions: nobody

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
But you stated your false opinion publically. On a forum where people debate. So it's going to get called out.
You disagree with my opinion....that doesn't make it false lol I think it is concerning that Edmonton is .500 against teams other then Ottawa and you don't. What is false about this other then you not agreeing with what I am saying? You are acting like I am misinterpreting facts or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad