Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
just start a new league of all canadian teams completely separate from the nhl…….its all tsn and sportsnet cares about anyways……everyone's happy…….you get a 'champion' and the anthem can be played ad nauseum….yay….weeee!!!! :scared:

Sounds good, but the NHL would end up having to fold like half their teams. HOF would start giving the Canadian league use of the Cup. Your Devils would certainly be one of the casualties.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
refs are PATHETIC for giving into the leafs and changing the call on the 3rd goal when they already said it was a GOAL

The refs said it was a goal, the Leafs then challenged for goaltender interference - which it was, no goal. We literally had the same call against up the previous game for the same pushing the pad thing.

Reactions: uncleben

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I've also seen a lot of the "North division sucks!" and "whoever comes out of Canada is going to get smoked in the conference finals!" comments from practically every Canadian fanbase other than the Leafs now that they've begun to pull away. Funny how that works.

Actually, the "North will get smoked in final four" is coming from fans of other divisions mostly.

The scoring in this division is something like 16% higher than the other divisions. The goaltending is ridiculously bad on some nights not to mention the D is :confused: on many others.

It's like watching 80s hockey on overdrive.

It's fun to watch, but it's not good hockey.

Playoffs are another level anyways. If Kucherov gets back for playoffs then TB probably gets a 2nd consecutive cup. Regardless of standings, they are the favorites still.

Doubt North gets smoked. Depends on who that team faces. It's still a long way off.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
just start a new league of all canadian teams completely separate from the nhl…….its all tsn and sportsnet cares about anyways……everyone's happy…….you get a 'champion' and the anthem can be played ad nauseum….yay….weeee!!!! :scared:
This really seems to be personally effecting you. First off...its a thread title made for discussing the division. It's really not that deep take a breath maybe a little walk around the block it will be okay. Second, people that are surprised that Canadian TV networks talk about Canadian hockey teams more then American ones probably are just getting out of their booster seats.

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
Actually, the "North will get smoked in final four" is coming from fans of other divisions mostly.

The scoring in this division is something like 16% higher than the other divisions. The goaltending is ridiculously bad on some nights not to mention the D is :confused: on many others.

Playoffs are another level anyways. If Kucherov gets back for playoffs then TB probably gets a 2nd consecutive cup. Regardless of standings, they are the favorites still.

Doubt North gets smoked. Depends on who that team faces. It's still a long way off.
I think scoring is higher because the top four players in the league play in the North.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He fell back on it?

Why is Kotkaemi jabbing at the leg if it's under his ass?
Doesn’t matter. This wasn’t a clear case of a puck being on a pad and a pad being pushed in. If the puck ended up just across the line in the middle of the net it suggests it went in 5 hole. If the puck was on his pad there was no camera angles that we saw that showed it.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
1. Montreal scores a goal by jabbing Andersen's pad into the net. It was called a goal on the ice.
2. The refs initiate a review to determine if the puck crossed the line. They determine it did.
3. Keefe challenges the play for goaltender interference and the goal is disallowed, as by the rules you can not push the pad into the net.
4. Refs overturn the goal, game progresses.

Accurate?
That is exactly what happened.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
refs are PATHETIC for giving into the leafs and changing the call on the 3rd goal when they already said it was a GOAL
I mean, your last goal was only a goal because Muzzin got hurt bad and the refs didn't notice and let play go on so Toffoli was left all alone in front of the net. Leafs got a total of 3 powerplays throughout the whole game (excluding the one with 17 seconds left in the 3rd); this is not an unusually large amount at all, especially with how physical the Habs were playing tonight (which is indeed the right strategy for beating these Leafs -see Boston and Columbus). Not the refs fault the Habs failed to stop Toronto scoring on all three.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

There is and ought to be conciderable doubt about that.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Sounds good, but the NHL would end up having to fold like half their teams. HOF would start giving the Canadian league use of the Cup. Your Devils would certainly be one of the casualties.

oh here we go with my exact point…..there were canadian people crying that when the lockdown was on that the cup should be awarded to whatever amateur or whatnot team….. its asinine and overly nationalistic.

as for my devils……ill enjoy a cup sooner then any of these teams in the country i was born and live in….again.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Doesn’t matter. This wasn’t a clear case of a puck being on a pad and a pad being pushed in. If the puck ended up just across the line in the middle of the net it suggests it went in 5 hole. If the puck was on his pad there was no camera angles that we saw that showed it.

Here ya go, case solved. You can see it going under the pad, and when the pad comes up(because it was jabbed at), the puck is right there, just about at his ankle.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

Here ya go, case solved. You can see it going under the pad, and when the pad comes up(because it was jabbed at), the puck is right there, just about at his ankle.

This actually proves my point. It wasn’t on his pad it was already through his legs. There was no whistle therefore the players were free to wack. Should have been a good goal.

What Tkachuk did about ten minutes ago was goalie interference but only the nhl can get it wrong more often than right.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
This really seems to be personally effecting you. First off...its a thread title made for discussing the division. It's really not that deep take a breath maybe a little walk around the block it will be okay. Second, people that are surprised that Canadian TV networks talk about Canadian hockey teams more then American ones probably are just getting out of their booster seats.

ah….the "were a happy family" mentality when all the teams hate each other……no thanks

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
This actually proves my point. It wasn’t on his pad it was already through his legs. There was no whistle therefore the players were free to wack. Should have been a good goal.

What Tkachuk did about ten minutes ago was goalie interference but only the nhl can get it wrong more often than right.
You need to look at the rules than. It's literally pinned under his leg and by pushing at the leg it's goalie interference. The players are not free to "wack at it"...by the book I believe it's worded "interfering with the goalies ability to make the save"

Last edited:

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Meh 3 powerplay goals, disallowed goal, a 5 on 3, and 1 powerplay for Habs in two games. Not the worst loss I’ve seen. Freddy played great. Matthews and marner are filthy and I love Anderson running everything that moves. 0% chance muzzin fights him in any scenario not just because it was 5-2 like biased announcer says. Guy is an absolute monster. I’m more concerned with Suzuki. 5’11 208? Little bit heavy no? Average nhl forward is 6’1 197. If Suzuki was 6’1 he would be 220 lol. We need that kid to develop better speed than that. Good win for the leafs. Their fans should be confident they have a good team

Reactions: Petrus and uncleben

Cotton

May 13, 2013
It's terrible hockey. There's almost no defense whatsoever. Goaltending is shit on most teams too.

Goaltending is shit on Ottawa, it’s hit and miss on other teams. The North division also has the most firepower of any division which probably has something to do with it.

If you want to talk about bad divisions go look at the West, 5 teams that are no better than Calgary, 4 are closer to Ottawa. The fact Chicago has 22pts should be a red flag that your division isn’t that solid either.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The whole “weak division” argument might mean something* if the Leafs weren’t so far out ahead. The other teams are only exposed as inferior competition because they are compared to the Leafs.

This came out a little more arrogant than I intended, so knock on wood. But the point stands, a weaker Leafs team makes the division look like there’s parity.

*No it wouldn’t.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
I have to give props to the Maple Leafs. They've created enough separation between them and 2nd that it's looking like they'll waltz to 1st in the North. Man, I wanted that once-in-a-lifetime banner.

As for everyone else, it's going to be an extremely tight race. So tight a little losing streak could be devastating and might be too much to dig themselves out of.

Only 6-7 more games until half the season is already played. But the Leafs are sitting pretty right now that's for damn sure.

Reactions: saffronleaf

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think scoring is higher because the top four players in the league play in the North.

Exactly! But, terrible defending & goaltending are 2 more reasons. Pretty rare when a North game features less than 6 goals between the 2 teams. Always take the over in a North game.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Seriously what in my post did you get were a happy family from? What a truly odd thing to come away with. Like not even bordering on relevant in anyway whatsoever.

fair enough…its just strange to see this false goal of a canada cup…….it doesnt exist

……should start an america cup thread? no……its asinine and looking for recognition where none is deserved other than circumstance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->