Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
LOL HNIC talking about a 50 goal season for Auston Matthews. He hasn't done it 82 games, but somehow in 56 games is plausible.

I don't think it's gonna happen, he's going to eventually have a dry spell. That said, he's not far off that pace currently and we're 25% of the way through the season. It's not like we're game 5 of an 82 game season.

Reactions: Dache

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
No advantage over the Habs in that position. With the addition of Allen we are guaranteed a fresh Price and Allen is playing as good as most starters on any team in the league.
I'm more worried of the rest of the team burning out with their style of play .Hopefully we can get through this insane schedule .

This is why I don't think Montreal will finish 1st but will make the playoffs and be a demon in it. There style is not conducive to being a 1st place Regular Season Team. They will have off nights were they don't have enough raw skill to win on a whim the way Edmonton and Toronto can with their skill players. Montreal will be 100% all in come playoffs and that will be when they become a problem to the rest of the playoff North Teams.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I don't think it's gonna happen, he's going to eventually have a dry spell. That said, he's not far off that pace currently and we're 25% of the way through the season. It's not like we're game 5 of an 82 game season.
Tons of guys have been on such a pace 25% into an 82-game season. Few have hit the 50 mark. Fewer (ie. none) have come close to a GPG in a long, long time. Didn't Kopitar once have like 30+ goals by January and finish with less than 40. Or was that Semin?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Matthews has an unsustainable shooting percentage and 11/16 of his goals against Vancouver and Ottawa.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Tons of guys have been on such a pace 25% into an 82-game season. Few have hit the 50 mark. Fewer (ie. none) have come close to a GPG in a long, long time. Didn't Kopitar once have like 30+ goals by January and finish with less than 40. Or was that Semin?
OK I was kinda close.

In 09/10 Kopitar had 14 goals in 18 games and finished with 34 total.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I feel like only playing other Canadian teams takes a lot of the magic out of it. I used to treasure those matchups and now it's like "Oh hey three straight games against the Canadiens..."

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Why the hell is Montreal playing their back up against the offensive juggernaut that is the Toronto Maple Leafs?

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 60 in 73 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I feel like only playing other Canadian teams takes a lot of the magic out of it. I used to treasure those matchups and now it's like "Oh hey three straight games against the Canadiens..."
Nah

Canadian matchups are always a big deal regardless of what anyone says. You never want to lose to another Canadian team - if anything just because it makes this board unbearable.

I'm loving it. Big time.:naughty:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
LOL HNIC talking about a 50 goal season for Auston Matthews. He hasn't done it 82 games, but somehow in 56 games is plausible.
Lol. I always laugh too when people think its possible for young players to improve. Like you said, what does a 47 goal scorer know about goal scoring? It's not like he's gotten the most goal since he entered the league or anything, or had a 40 goal rookies season.....Oh wait, that sounds silly...

You almost sound bitter that someone might hope a player could accomplish a major milestone. It's a long shot, everyone knows this, only a special few are bothered by such things...

Reactions: Cotton

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
What's the average backup goaltender's salary?

Attachments

• Frhnz4Qh.jpg
    Frhnz4Qh.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: dubey

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
After that embarrassing game on Monday, Leafs have redeemed themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->