Canadian Division (Canada Cup) Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Jets are a great team and so are the Oilers. I think it's going to shake out like this:

Leafs
Jets/Oilers
Jets/Oilers
Habs
Flames
Canucks
Sens

1st round Leafs vs Habs... lets go

Reactions: Dache

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I’m not claiming to have all the answers to everything, and I’m not playing this game where you ask me question after question looking for some sort of flaw. Serious question, why do you think you always come to question my posts but not the posts of say leafsnation75 claiming Andersen is better than Hellebuyck even before the season started or the many other posts of that caliber?
I didn't mean to offend you. I wasn't looking for a flaw. I just wanted to understand your perspective.

I'm not even aware of the discussion you refer to so that may have something to do with it. In general though you are a more toxic poster so it stands out.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I agree it’s absurd to suggest the Jets can’t hang with the Leafs, they have the divisions best goalie and a deep forward group. Their D looks a little suspect on paper, but no team is perfect. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the Jets come out of the North

Its to early to be declaring division champs. I believe Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver have yet to play their best games, albeit the Nucks sample size is 4 games larger than ours and its not looking good for them.

Key will be hitting your peak in late April, not late February. I see we have a 3 game stretch against the Leafs the second last week of April and which I could see being key for who wins this division.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I didn't mean to offend you. I wasn't looking for a flaw. I just wanted to understand your perspective.

I'm not even aware of the discussion you refer to so that may have something to do with it. In general though you are a more toxic poster so it stands out.
And what exactly is so toxic about my posts? Especially compared to someone who argues so dishonestly and constantly changes the criteria of their argument or refuses to back it up in any way?

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Oh man. Friedman Disclosed some pretty telling issues in Calgary.

• Elliotte Friedman states it all started with the Muzzin puck incident
• They had an internal meeting after that and it went sideways after that
• Tkachuk was frustrated, he feels that some of his teammates didn't want him creating something every game.
• Tkachuk is confused with that as that is how he plays the game, causing chaos and getting everyone involved
• Markstromm charged down the ice, twice. Elliotte thinks it's to send a message that "we are not playing hard enough"
• Elliotte says that the Calgary group is not playing for each other
• Brad Treliving is making calls on a lot of guys. Not only for Sam Bennett.
• Elliotte says Calgary are looking at this as "It's time to change our group" (Hard to do due to Border-- but they are trying to change there group)

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
You've just made my case.
Good talk.
How did I make your case? I could provide plenty of evidence supporting this. So I make an effort to answer your questions and talk honestly and the second that the same is asked of you you get defensive and run away. Sounds more like you proved my point

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
How did I make your case? I could provide plenty of evidence supporting this. So I make an effort to answer your questions and talk honestly and the second that the same is asked of you you get defensive and run away. Sounds more like you proved my point
Oh Dache, this really wasn't my goal today but ok.

1. I don't know who you were referring to with that angry rant. If it was me then it's blatantly false and demonstrates a problem. If you can show me being knowingly dishonest please do. I'm not that guy. I do make mistakes because I'm human.

2. Your tone is almost always angry and hostile in your posts, which is toxic. I had a polite dialogue asking you respectful questions and you got all ranty and accusatory. All because I wanted to understand your position. Then with hypocritical irony you attack me (unprovoked), make wild accusations about my motives and say I'm running away from the questions while refusing to answer mine.

3. Your negative posts are almost exclusively about the Leafs

4. You just openly admitted that you think Leaf fans are some sort of inferior fan. This is not a healthy attitude and is obviously going to affect the way you interact with them.

5. I don't run away, here I am. Stop the constant falsehoods please.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Welp, Muzzin out with a broken bone in his face. Thornton out, Simmonds out, Robertson on recovery stint in AHL, Campbell out. I knew the injuries would be worse this year, but damn :(.

Guess we will see what Liljegren/Sandin/Lehtonen can bring.

Oh man. Friedman Disclosed some pretty telling issues in Calgary.

• Elliotte Friedman states it all started with the Muzzin puck incident
• They had an internal meeting after that and it went sideways after that
• Tkachuk was frustrated, he feels that some of his teammates didn't want him creating something every game.
• Tkachuk is confused with that as that is how he plays the game, causing chaos and getting everyone involved
• Markstromm charged down the ice, twice. Elliotte thinks it's to send a message that "we are not playing hard enough"
• Elliotte says that the Calgary group is not playing for each other
• Brad Treliving is making calls on a lot of guys. Not only for Sam Bennett.
• Elliotte says Calgary are looking at this as "It's time to change our group" (Hard to do due to Border-- but they are trying to change there group)

Wow, bombshell territory there. Wonder if the Flames get nuked. All because Brodie left :sarcasm:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Welp, Muzzin out with a broken bone in his face. Thornton out, Simmonds out, Robertson on recovery stint in AHL, Campbell out. I knew the injuries would be worse this year, but damn :(.

Guess we will see what Liljegren/Sandin/Lehtonen can bring.

Wow, bombshell territory there. Wonder if the Flames get nuked. All because Brodie left :sarcasm:

Scared of Tkachuk?

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I’m not claiming to have all the answers to everything, and I’m not playing this game where you ask me question after question looking for some sort of flaw. Serious question, why do you think you always come to question my posts but not the posts of say leafsnation75 claiming Andersen is better than Hellebuyck even before the season started or the many other posts of that caliber?

Was he taking the piss, or was he sincerely trying to make that argument?

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Oh Dache, this really wasn't my goal today but ok.

1. I don't know who you were referring to with that angry rant. If it was me then it's blatantly false and demonstrates a problem. If you can show me being knowingly dishonest please do. I'm not that guy. I do make mistakes because I'm human.

2. Your tone is almost always angry and hostile in your posts, which is toxic. I had a polite dialogue asking you respectful questions and you got all ranty and accusatory. All because I wanted to understand your position. Then with hypocritical irony you attack me (unprovoked), make wild accusations about my motives and say I'm running away from the questions while refusing to answer mine.

3. Your negative posts are almost exclusively about the Leafs

4. You just openly admitted that you think Leaf fans are some sort of inferior fan. This is not a healthy attitude and is obviously going to affect the way you interact with them.

5. I don't run away, here I am. Stop the constant falsehoods please.
First off, I clearly said who I was talking about and that it wasn’t you, which also addresses your second point about me “attacking” you which didn’t happen. Maybe you’re looking for people attacking you more than people actually are? Again calling my posts negative? Let me guess, you can’t find posts where I’m negative about the leafs either? Please show me where I said leaf fans are inferior? Give me a break already with this act about how you are being polite and I’m attacking you while you make things up and make up things I didn’t say. Not one of the things you accuse me of in there is true

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Was he taking the piss, or was he sincerely trying to make that argument?
He was sincere. His claim was that after Price, Andersen is the best goalie in the division. I’ve asked him several times about it and he won’t reply.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
He was sincere. His claim was that after Price, Andersen is the best goalie in the division. I’ve asked him several times about it and he won’t reply.

Okay, well that’s obviously nonsense from him. Well all have ones like that.

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
A lot of premature declaration of Toronto as a team that's distanced themselves from Winnipeg or Edmonton in this thread.

The 4 game set between the Oilers and Leafs showed little to choose between the two and the Oilers weren't even playing great hockey at that time. Winnipeg with Dubois is going to be excellent and Toronto hasn't faced them with him either.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
First off, I clearly said who I was talking about and that it wasn’t you, which also addresses your second point about me “attacking” you which didn’t happen. Maybe you’re looking for people attacking you more than people actually are? Again calling my posts negative? Let me guess, you can’t find posts where I’m negative about the leafs either? Please show me where I said leaf fans are inferior? Give me a break already with this act about how you are being polite and I’m attacking you while you make things up and make up things I didn’t say. Not one of the things you accuse me of in there is true

The minute you start nonsense about someone or something being different and then only use negatives to describe it, well your kind of implying these arent good people, they are more irrational, more paranoid etc etc. If they are more flawed=inferior. It's called deduction, you implied it with your bizarre theory.

Maybe you aren't a clear communicator?
And what exactly is so toxic about my posts? Especially compared to someone who argues so dishonestly and constantly changes the criteria of their argument or refuses to back it up in any way?

Most people would think that was directed at them because of how it is positioned in the conversation and the lack of reference to anyone else specific . I'm glad it was not directed at me and I apologize for that misunderstanding.

Everything I said was true with the exception of our misunderstanding except.... your right it isn't the Leafs you attack, it's the fans.

Yeah, you guys aren't insecure at all :sarcasm:

Please stop with this. Just enjoy having Matthews in the Blue and White. Why do we need to show any sort of inferiority complex by...

This is the exact type of post that makes all this “leaf hate” happen. You acknowledge that similar posts got locked, then drag up old...

lmao c'mon. Thread worthy? He's hyping up his teammate who is face of franchise.

My favorite is the post that causes the Leaf hate that doesn't exist. Your post history is all Leaf threads usually on the negative side. It's not as bad as I expected though.

It's pretty obvious you're obsessed with the Leafs and their fans. The negative attributes you characterize Leaf fans with make it pretty clear there is a strong hostility there.

Now I'm certainly not hiding or running away so maybe we both need to admit we have mischaracterized the other and drop this.

Last edited:

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
The minute you start nonsense about someone or something being different and then only use negatives to describe it, well your kind of implying these arent good people, they are more irrational, more paranoid etc etc. If they are more flawed=inferior. It's called deduction, you implied it with your bizarre theory.

Maybe you aren't a clear communicator?

Most people would think that was directed at them because of how it is positioned in the conversation and the lack of reference to anyone else specific . I'm glad it was not directed at me and I apologize for that misunderstanding.

Everything I said was true with the exception of our misunderstanding except.... your right it isn't the Leafs you attack, it's the fans.

Yeah, you guys aren't insecure at all :sarcasm:

Please stop with this. Just enjoy having Matthews in the Blue and White. Why do we need to show any sort of inferiority complex by...

This is the exact type of post that makes all this “leaf hate” happen. You acknowledge that similar posts got locked, then drag up old...

lmao c'mon. Thread worthy? He's hyping up his teammate who is face of franchise.

My favorite is the post that causes the Leaf hate that doesn't exist. Your post history is all Leaf threads usually on the negative side. It's not as bad as I expected though.

It's pretty obvious you're obsessed with the Leafs and their fans. The negative attributes you characterize Leaf fans with make it pretty clear there is a strong hostility there.

Now I'm certainly not hiding or running away so maybe we both need to admit we have mischaracterized the other and drop this.
Most people would not think that was directed at them since I was very clearly talking about a specific poster in the preceding comment. You’re looking for negativity here and being more negative about me than I am about you. Which should tell you a lot about all this. And I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish by taking 4 clips of what I’ve said while not actually quoting it all, and what in there is negative? Asking not to show an inferiority complex is negative? All you’re doing is proving my point that there can be no criticism at all without it being viewed as an attack

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Most people would not think that was directed at them since I was very clearly talking about a specific poster in the preceding comment. You’re looking for negativity here and being more negative about me than I am about you. Which should tell you a lot about all this. And I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish by taking 4 clips of what I’ve said while not actually quoting it all, and what in there is negative? Asking not to show an inferiority complex is negative? All you’re doing is proving my point that there can be no criticism at all without it being viewed as an attack
ok. you win.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Okay, well that’s obviously nonsense from him. Well all have ones like that.
Yes all fanbases have the occasional one like this. I’ve even told a few jets ones they’re ridiculous. Yet I manage to never see any leaf fans comment to that poster, only to me when I comment to him.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I agree it’s absurd to suggest the Jets can’t hang with the Leafs, they have the divisions best goalie and a deep forward group. Their D looks a little suspect on paper, but no team is perfect. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the Jets come out of the North

Especially if Ottawa keeps taking 35% of Leafs points but giving every West coast team 100% of the points.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
ok. you win.
It’s not about winning. I would love to be able to come to this site and have discussions about hockey and learn, but to many times overzealous fans need to “win” the argument rather than enjoy the debate

Reactions: rubikscube
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->