Canadian Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

two out of three*

I'm going to Toronto for a tournament, and I was wondering if you need a passport. All I've heard was that you need a birth certificate, and a picture ID. Anybody know if you need a passport?

jeffbrown

Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Uh, judging from your Avatar, you're from Los Angeles. Best bet is to check a website of the US Government -- travel advisories, or something similar. Canada's government has an official website that I use alot when travelling to other countries. It basically spells out what level of ID you need, as well as telling you customs, what to expect, etc.

Having said that, in this day and age it is best to travel with at least a Passport as its the best and most official and accepted form of ID. If you have a driver's license as added ID, the better.

two out of three*

jeffbrown said:
Uh, judging from your Avatar, you're from Los Angeles. Best bet is to check a website of the US Government -- travel advisories, or something similar. Canada's government has an official website that I use alot when travelling to other countries. It basically spells out what level of ID you need, as well as telling you customs, what to expect, etc.

Having said that, in this day and age it is best to travel with at least a Passport as its the best and most official and accepted form of ID. If you have a driver's license as added ID, the better.

Yeah, I'm from L.A.

BlackArcher101

Apr 12, 2004
Alberta
For a US citizen to enter Canada, you need proof of citizenship and photo identification.

A Passport can satisfy both requirements. Otherwise, you may use a birth certificate and a form of government id with photo.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
BlackArcher101 said:
For a US citizen to enter Canada, you need proof of citizenship and photo identification.

A Passport can satisfy both requirements. Otherwise, you may use a birth certificate and a form of government id with photo.

When I went to toronto from NY all i needed was my drivers licenses (governtment ID with photo). So i didnt need my birth certificate. That was also 4 years ago so im not sure if its changed.

Last edited:

nic29+

May 5, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Went I went to toronto from NY all i needed was my drivers licenses (governtment ID with photo). So i didnt need my birth certificate. That was also 4 years ago so im not sure if its changed.

When I went to the states last year I needed a birth certificate and a photo id. I'd say take both and be prepared.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
nic30 said:
When I went to the states last year I needed a birth certificate and a photo id. I'd say take both and be prepared.

YA definetley take both, cause if you go there and are missing one its one hastle to go back home and pick them up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad