Canadian Airlines

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by two out of three*, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm going to Toronto for a tournament, and I was wondering if you need a passport. All I've heard was that you need a birth certificate, and a picture ID. Anybody know if you need a passport?

2. jeffbrown

jeffbrown Registered User

Home Page:
    Uh, judging from your Avatar, you're from Los Angeles. Best bet is to check a website of the US Government -- travel advisories, or something similar. Canada's government has an official website that I use alot when travelling to other countries. It basically spells out what level of ID you need, as well as telling you customs, what to expect, etc.

Having said that, in this day and age it is best to travel with at least a Passport as its the best and most official and accepted form of ID. If you have a driver's license as added ID, the better.

3. Yeah, I'm from L.A.

4. BlackArcher101

BlackArcher101 Registered User

Oil!
    For a US citizen to enter Canada, you need proof of citizenship and photo identification.

A Passport can satisfy both requirements. Otherwise, you may use a birth certificate and a form of government id with photo.

5. FLYLine27*

FLYLine27* BUCH

PO
    When I went to toronto from NY all i needed was my drivers licenses (governtment ID with photo). So i didnt need my birth certificate. That was also 4 years ago so im not sure if its changed.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  6. nic29+

nic29+ Registered User

Store Owner
    Home Page:
    When I went to the states last year I needed a birth certificate and a photo id. I'd say take both and be prepared.

#2 Registered User

Home Page:
    YA definetley take both, cause if you go there and are missing one its one hastle to go back home and pick them up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.