Canada's Wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Who will be Canada's wingers.

Iginla and Gagne are obvious, but Canada will have some centres that will convert to wing.

I think if Sid makes the team he will be a winger on one of the first 3 lines come February. This is assuming he gets picked and continues to improve at his current pace.

Last edited:

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Crosbyfan said:
Who will be Canada's wingers.

Iginla and Gagne are obvious, but Canada will have some centres that will convert to wing.

I think if Sid makes the team he will be a winger on one of the first 3 lines come February. This is assuming he gets picked and continues to improve at his current pace.

crosby will not be in team canada , sorry

wildone26*

I have a feeling Bertuzzi is the one who will just miss if Lemieux chooses to play, and if Lemieux pulls out will be put in. Crosby is a natural centre, he wont be picked over Spezza no way, Staal also a centre will probably lose out to Spezza, but should be over Crosby too at that position, and he wont be moved to wing from centre with so many great natural wingers already. He wont make the team.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
wildone26 said:
I have a feeling Bertuzzi is the one who will just miss if Lemieux chooses to play, and if Lemieux pulls out will be put in. Crosby is a natural centre, he wont be picked over Spezza no way, Staal also a centre will probably lose out to Spezza, but should be over Crosby too at that position, and he wont be moved to wing from centre with so many great natural wingers already. He wont make the team.

I think if Sid is picked, he's picked as a winger which gives him an advantage over Staal and Spezza, especially on a big ice surface. Although I think Spezza may possibly be picked as a centre.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
NyQuil said:
Maybe Heatley?

He does have the most points of all Canadian wingers in the NHL....

Yeah, he's on for sure.

So Heatley RW, Iginla RW, Gagne LW, Crosby RW?, ???

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Crosbyfan said:
Yeah, he's on for sure.

So Heatley RW, Iginla RW, Gagne LW, Crosby RW?, ???

Heatley can play both left and right and is a LW on the line with Alfredsson. I think it is likely Spezza somehow makes the team and is Heatley's winger. I also think that the 3 Tampa forwards will form a full line so two more wingers there. Though it is possible St. Louis doesn't make the team maybe so maybe there is a winger spot there?

I'd like to see both Crosby and Spezza on the team though they are supposedly on the Bubble.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Iginla,Gagne,Heatley,St.Louis are locks i think.

Bertuzzi,Tanguay,Nash,Smyth,Shanahan not so sure.

im sure i missed someone, but these guys just came to my mind.

joe_shannon_1983*

There will be 8 wingers on Team Canada.

Iginla, Heatley, Gagne are locks. St.Louis is probable. One of, if not both, Smyth and Doan will make the team. That is 5-6 winger spots filled.

The remaining 2-3 winger spots will go to some combination of Lemieux, Bertuzzi, and Nash.

If Lemieux plays, one of Smyth, Doan, Bertuzzi, or Nash will be left off.

If Lemieux doesn't play, all of those guys will be taken, with the possible exception of Nash (who may be replaced by a guy such as Crosby).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->