Canada's U18 Selection Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
I was just wondering if anyone has attended this event. I wanted to take a trip up there late July and catch their practices/scrimmages but did not know if it is open to the public. If it is open to the public, are tickets necessary? I would be coming a long way driving so I wouldn't want to plan this all and get there only to find out it is closed. I did send an email to some of the directors at Hockey Canada, but unfortunately they are out on vacation/events for the time being.

Also, if anyone has any experiences that would be helpful in attending, please feel free to tell. :)

Thanks,

BD

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
When it was in Calgary last year, all sessions were open to the public. No tickets were necassary, concessions and what not were open too. But it might be different in BC.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Eb0la11 said:
When it was in Calgary last year, all sessions were open to the public. No tickets were necassary, concessions and what not were open too. But it might be different in BC.

Oh thank you very much. When you say BC, is that British Columbia? Website says its in Kitchener, Ontario. I'm not from Canada so I'm not sure if there's different sayings and such for each area.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Balej's Dance said:
Oh thank you very much. When you say BC, is that British Columbia? Website says its in Kitchener, Ontario. I'm not from Canada so I'm not sure if there's different sayings and such for each area.
Not from Canada? Well let me point you in the right direction. The place you'll want to look for is Thompson Manitoba. Very central to things,only a short commute (whispers under breath:By space shuttle)...very scenic.
Jokes.
Seriously though: Where are the Jr. camps held?
I'm sure the big camp will be in BC,but is it true they will skate in Kitchner for the first evaluation?

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Everest said:
Not from Canada? Well let me point you in the right direction. The place you'll want to look for is Thompson Manitoba. Very central to things,only a short commute (whispers under breath:By space shuttle)...very scenic.
Jokes.
Seriously though: Where are the Jr. camps held?
I'm sure the big camp will be in BC,but is it true they will skate in Kitchner for the first evaluation?

I was under the impression that the whole week of playing would take place in Kitchener.

This is what I'm going by...
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/e/news/2005/nr083.html

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Everest said:
Kitchner is in Ontario. BC is our west coast. Its quite a difference,and I implore you purchase a map.

Lol, comeon now. I was trying not to be rude to the first poster who said wrong information or was not aware that it wasn't in BC and in Kitchener. I am fully aware that BC is west coast. Thats why if I traveled many hours to Kitchener and the friggen thing was in BC I'd have to **** bricks.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Balej's Dance said:
Lol, comeon now. I was trying not to be rude to the first poster who said wrong information or was not aware that it wasn't in BC and in Kitchener. I am fully aware that BC is west coast. Thats why if I traveled many hours to Kitchener and the friggen thing was in BC I'd have to **** bricks.
sorrymibad :propeller You sounded confused on the geography of Canada.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Everest said:
sorrymibad :propeller You sounded confused on the geography of Canada.

NP, I hope its a go because I'm getting excited to see some action and catch a glimpse 40 or so of the top Canadians for the would be upcoming draft in 2006. It will be nice to have some background of these guys now in August to see how much changes during the year. Guys like Armstrong, Applebaum, Staal, Toews, Hamill, Maxwell, White, and Sheppard should be entertaining. On defense, I'm fairly familiar with Alzner, Bartley, and de Gray but not on the others. Does anyone have any favorites to watch for? Guys that should play well (on both defense and offense), could surprise other than the bigger name players?

Last edited:

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Balej's Dance said:
NP, I hope its a go because I'm getting excited to see some action and catch a glimpse 40 or so of the top Canadians for the upcoming draft. It will be nice to have some background of these guys now in August to see how much changes during the year. Guys like Armstrong, Applebaum, Staal, Toews, Hamill, Maxwell, White, and Sheppard should be entertaining. On defense, I'm fairly familiar with Alzner, Bartley, and de Gray but not on the others. Does anyone have any favorites to watch for? Guys that should play well (on both defense and offense), could surprise other than the bigger name players?
Some guys think you're talking about U20's.

u20 evaluation is in BC(Vancouver, Kamloops, Kelowna)
u18 evaluation is in ONT(Kitchener)

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Aaron Vickers said:
U-20 Summer Camp is in Whistler, according to everything I've read.
U-20 Selection Camp is in Vancouver in December.
Could be, I was just stating that the u18's aren't in BC.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Balej's Dance said:

Woops sorry, got the u-20 camp and u-18

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Balej's Dance said:
NP, I hope its a go because I'm getting excited to see some action and catch a glimpse 40 or so of the top Canadians for the would be upcoming draft in 2006. It will be nice to have some background of these guys now in August to see how much changes during the year. Guys like Armstrong, Applebaum, Staal, Toews, Hamill, Maxwell, White, and Sheppard should be entertaining. On defense, I'm fairly familiar with Alzner, Bartley, and de Gray but not on the others. Does anyone have any favorites to watch for? Guys that should play well (on both defense and offense), could surprise other than the bigger name players?
White's going to be a stand out, a year in the WHL under his belt and he's been working out all summer, one of his summer jobs has been pounding in fence posts, he's mean, lean and hungry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->