Line Combos: Canada's Olympic Team

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Should've been St. Louis instead of Nash, Seabrook instead of Hamhuis, and Letang/Boyle/Campbell/Giordano instead of Subban.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I feel real bad for St.Louis! He may be old, but he ain't slow and he's carrying Tampa on his back without Stamkos. Imagine him playing with Stamkos???????

Botom line, we could field 2 Team Canada's and there would still some great players left off!

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah Seabrook doesn't belong in the conversation.

Would have preferred Brent Burns over Marleau, for another.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Nash and Benn don't belong over St.Louis, Seguin, Hall or Giroux.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Nash instead of St-Louis or Giroux is absolute highway robbery. I don't care if it's about size, those two are leaders and game-breakers and certainly don't play small. As for Nash well, he sucks right now. Makes no sense.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Matt Duchene - Sidney Crosby - Steven Stamkos
Patrick Marleau - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Rick Nash - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Sharp
Jamie Benn - John Tavares - Jeff Carter

Duncan Keith - Drew Doughty
Mac-Edouard Vlasic - Shea Weber
Jay Bouwmeester - Alex Pietrangelo

Carey Price
Roberto Luongo

Is what I'd like to see, although I bet that Kunitz is there instead of Duchene which sucks.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Nash instead of St-Louis or Giroux is absolute highway robbery. I don't care if it's about size, those two are leaders and game-breakers and certainly don't play small. As for Nash well, he sucks right now. Makes no sense.

I agree with you, but I think in Nash's situation, they put a lot of weight on his international experience and ignored his slow start this season. He seems to thrive on the big ice and his numbers at the WC's are ridiculous. 34GP 23G 21A 44Pts. Plus, other than this season, Nash has put up 30 plus goals 6 years in a row. Not too shabby. And even after injury riddled, slow start this season, he's still on pace for 27 goals and 56 points (over an 82 game season). Not bad for an "off" season.

Now that said, these arguments have all been based on stats. I haven't really watched Nash play all that much. Has he been trending in the right direction lately?

WhiteLight*

Defense and goalies seem obvious.

Keith - Doughty
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Hamhuis - Weber
Vlasic - Subban

Price
Luongo
Smith

Tricky to put the forward lines together. Not sure what they're envisioning.

Kunitz - Crosby - X
X - Getzlaf - Perry
Nash - Toews - Sharp
X - Bergeron - X

l
v

Kunitz - Crosby - Stamkos
Tavares - Getzlaf - Perry
Nash - Toews - Sharp
Marleau - Bergeron - Carter
Benn - Duchene

?

That 2nd line needs more speed. If it was up to me, Bergeron would extra at least to start and I'd go with

Kunitz - Crosby - Stamkos
Marleau - Getzlaf - Perry
Tavares - Duchene - Benn
Nash - Toews - Sharp
Bergeron - Carter

:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad