WJC: Canada's goaltending since 2010

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Goaltending is only part of the problem, the other part is team defense, the breakdowns against Russia were brutal. Yes the goalies could of slowed the leaks but overall team defense sucks.

Besides, if you look back 2010-2011 we were considerably small and less lethal up front, and some of the players from those rosters are yet to play in the NHL consistently, I mean this is the beat Canada had to offer that year... 2011 Carter Ashton (sub par on the leafs) Casey cizikas, quinton howden, Louis Leblanc... And using zack Kassian in a predominantly offensive tournament.

Then defense that year
Tyson Barrie, dylon Olson, I'd even throw Simon depres under that bus.

Don't just blame the goaltenders when the problems are knee high in **** creek.

I still shake my head at people putting all the blame on Visentin for that third period collapse against Russia...that was a team wide epic fail.

That Bear

Jan 22, 2011
Yet they go with Subban as #1 because of hype and draft status, and we all know how that worked out. My point is that if Canada were to go with the best performing players at the given time, instead of the players with the most hype, maybe they would do a bit better.
Subban was the best Canadian goalie in the CHL last year, so it wasn't just "hype and draft status".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad