Canada WJC Invitees - Will there be surprises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The selection camp roster will be announced today, and it will have 28-31 players. That means a lot of very good players will be left out. The biggest competition will be among the forwards, so will there be any surprises there? Is there anyone that should get invited, but probably won't be there? I guess it'll be easier to say so much depth is a good thing once the tournament starts.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
In todays London Free Press they have found out that Perry, Bolland and Syvret have all been invited. It goes onto to say 4 from Q league, 7 from OHL, and 17 from WHL (if i remember correctly).

The paper doesn't list the names just the league by league number of invitees.

Oh yeah and all 4 goalies are from WHL, no Shantz or Munce (not that surprising)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
trahans99 said:
In todays London Free Press they have found out that Perry, Bolland and Syvret have all been invited. It goes onto to say 4 from Q league, 7 from OHL, and 17 from WHL (if i remember correctly).

The paper doesn't list the names just the league by league number of invitees.

Oh yeah and all 4 goalies are from WHL, no Shantz or Munce (not that surprising)

That could essentially leave anywhere from 1-3 spots for an NCAA invite, ranging anywhere from someone like Wes O Neill or Travis Zagac.

Also I'd say that if Shantz or Munce aren't invited It would actually be pretty suprising. Even though Shantz has really not been playing that well this year, I still expected him to get an invite, to show that he's better then that.

So if all 4 goalies are from the WHL, we're looking at who? Dubnyk, Nastiuk, Beauchemin, Glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->