WJC: Canada WJC Discussion (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Are all four goalies playing tonight?
The roster for the CIS team doesn't include any goaltenders.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Plus Murph seems totally lost on how teams wants him to play.
Ever since he's come back from Carolina he hasn't been the same player (concussion or no concussion). He's been playing to his weakness and not to his strengths.
Too be honest at one time I thought he was a 100% lock now.....less than 50%.

I blame Paul Maurice for the most part. Probably tried to change how he played and he's only been slowly going back to it, I'd hate if the coaches at the WJC are trying to change his game too, and they send him home. Mess up a player's style than get rid of him.

Well Don Hay is going to take who he wants, I dont think his Assistants are going to be making final decisions.

That said, Murphy doesnt fit the team....he's too flashy.....

Assistants have weight, especially when picking the team. Don Hay has never seen Murphy play before this camp likely, so he's going to ask them how he plays, and the assistant is going to tell him he doesn't like him, despite being Canada's best played in the Ivan Hlinka camp and Canada's best player and a top 3 player for the tournement in the last international competition.

And if Murphy doesn't make it, so be it, it won't be the first, or last time he's cut when he should be on the team. Ivan Hlinka 2010, WJC 2011, Carolina this year (Absurd he was sent down without playing a game)

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
No I won't. It had to do with him not including Gallagher and Stone. Not including Thomas. Just because I don't believe that Thomas will make it doesn't make me look like a fool. Stone and Gallagher are much surer bets the Thomas. I don't think there are many who would argue that. If Thomas makes it, good for him, I was wrong. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Will you be rattled if he doesn't make it?

At least you will be able to see the man that dominates your spank bank back in Oshawa.

I wouldn't worry about it. The guy doesn't think they have TVs in Newfoundland. You are probably best off just ignoring people so ill informed about the simplest of topics.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Schwartz is definitely a leader on this team, especially with the way he handled roommate Matt Dumba after his dismissal from the team.

A casualty to the initial cuts coach Don Hay and the rest of his Hockey Canada staff, Dumba had Schwartz to lean on in the wake of the bad news.

“It’s never fun,†Schwartz said. “You don’t get a lot of sleep during these nights. It’s a scary thing. You want to make this team. It’s a dream come true if you do. The phone rang and they asked for Matt. I just tried to wish him the best.â€
http://futureconsiderations.ca/schwartz-supports-dumba-in-wake-of-cut/

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Any info on how Harrington has looked so far? Any chance to make it? I understand hes in tough to make it and would have needed a great camp.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Any info on how Harrington has looked so far? Any chance to make it? I understand hes in tough to make it and would have needed a great camp.

By all accounts he hasn't done anything to help his case and I've heard some criticisms of his skating style.

What I've seen, he didn't seem implicated at all and was not using his size to any perceivable advantage.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Had 2 exams today so I have been out, my thoughts:

1. Surprised to see Dumba and McNiell cut. Though Dumba looked good yesterday, and McNiell is very strong (and I was against McNiell being at camp in 1st place).

2. Not surprised JGL, and Phillips cut, but very surprised they got gut before Morrow, Toffolli, Pearson.

3. Why is Ross still around? I get he is rusty, but his hands got exposed really bad yesterday. Also though Pearson was fairly invisible

4. Thomas stood out a lot yesterday, had a couple real nice wristers, created lots of chances on the PP, and works very hard. Not sure if he can crack the 8 winger spots, but hes fast, works hard, and hes good with the puck. Those are 3 very important hockey skills

5. Thomas' teammate Jenner should be on this team. Reminds be a bit of a bigger, less offensive Ryan Johansen from last year

6. Stone is as advertised. Good hands, with size. He isnt the fastest player, but at the Jr level he has the skills so that he doesnt need to be. Can play top or bottom 6

7. Bulmer could get cut. He stood out occasionally yesterday, but didnt show he had enough skills with the puck. If your not showing good enough puck skills, you better be able to hit or Skate like Della Rovere. Id like to have him there, but if Thomas plays well again watch out

Side note, Canada cant cut guys because they are 17. You cut guys because they dont fit in. Last year RNH looked good, but he did get exposed because of his size at times, Murphy was simply the 3rd best pure offensive guy. I thought Murray should have made the team over Gudbranson (based on play). 2 years ago, Seguin tried to do too much, McFarland, well all you have to say is that hes still eligible and hes not here, and Gormely was solid, but did look a bit tentative.

All I can say is that if Canada doesnt win gold this year, there will be 1 common factor -- no 17 year olds.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Schwartz - Scheifele - Stone
Huberdeau - Strome - Connolly
Gallagher - F. Hamilton - DSP
Bournival - Jenner - Bulmer
Danault

Gormley - Petrovic
Murray - D. Hamilton
Oleksiak - Murphy
Pysyk

Visentin
Bunz

If Howden's good to go:

Schwartz - Scheifele - Stone
Gallagher - Huberdeau - Connolly
Howden - Strome - DSP
Bournival - Jenner - Bulmer
Hamilton

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Based on the players that still remain, I'll take a shot at a potential line up:

Schwartz-Scheifele-Connolly
Huberdeau-Strome-Thomas
DSP-Jenner-Stone
Howden-Bournival-Bulmer
(Gallagher)

Gormley-Petrovic
Murray-Pysyk
Beaulieu-Hamilton
(Murphy)

Visentin
Bunz

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
StephRDSJunior Stephane Leroux
#WJC2012 scratches tonight :gormley, D.hamilton, murray, gallagher, F.hamilton, scheifele, schwartz, smith-pelly, stone, howden et huberdeau

So Connolly is clearly not a lock.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Surprised Bournival isn't there. But oh well, another chance for me to see him! Also probably needed to carry so many centers and with Scheifele out tonight, it makes sense.

Glad to see Gally as a lock.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Surprised Bournival isn't there. But oh well, another chance for me to see him! Also probably needed to carry so many centers and with Scheifele out tonight, it makes sense.

Glad to see Gally as a lock.

More so a situation of familiarity for him, I dont think he earned the right to make the team already due to his play so far.

Suprised F.Hamilton has made the team also.

I would have sat Strome and Jenner in favor of those two.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
To quote Mr. Aaron Vickers

VickersFC Aaron Vickers
Keep in mind Hay said earlier today those scratched aren't necessarily guaranteed jobs.
57 minutes ago

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
More so a situation of familiarity for him, I dont think he earned the right to make the team already due to his play so far.

Suprised F.Hamilton has made the team also.

I would have sat Strome and Jenner in favor of those two.
Strome has been invisible thus far. Gallagher has been buzzing around and was pretty darn good in that first game. Don't take the credit away from this kid cause this isn't just about these last two games. His season as a whole contributes to this in which he has been nothing short of brilliant. He is also a very versatile player that can fit in on any line.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Here are your lineups boys

Not playing tonight is Brandon Gormley, Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Murray on defense. Brendan Gallagher, Freddie Hamilton, Quinton Howden, Jonathan huberdeau, Mark Scheifele, Jaden Schwartz, Devante Smith-Pelly and Mark Stone get the night off on forward.

All four Canadian goalies will play tonight, with two representing the CIS squad.

Louis Domingue
Mark Visentin

Nathan Beaulieu - Cody Ceci
Joe Morrow - Ryan Murphy
Jamie Oleksiak - Alex Petrovic
Scott Harrington - Mark Pysyk

Phil Di Giuseppe - Ryan Strome - Christian Thomas
Tanner Pearson - Boone Jenner - Tyler Toffoli
Brad Ross - Philip Danault - Ty Rattie
Brett Bulmer - Michael Bournival - Brett Connolly

Scott Wedgewood and Tyler Bunz will play for the CIS.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/canada-camp-takes-day-3-game/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad