Canada winter games

Cowtown

Dec 27, 2006
Stamkos,Pietrangelo and Ferraro all looked really good against the weaker teams. The guy who stepped up his game against the tough teams was Beach. We'll see what Stamkos and Pietrangelo do in the final.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Manitoba:
Eric Mestery (one of the best d-man in canada for his age, top 2008 prospect)
Travis Bobbee (very good player, 2008 ranked)
Tyler Schmidt (very good prospect, offensive potential, 2008 ranked)
Dale Hunt (top pick in the WHL draft, has alot of talent, watch out for him)

Good thing his name isn't Mike. :D

Ziner

Mar 2, 2003
Kitchener
Visit site
Good thing his name isn't Mike. :D

The funny thing is I went to highschool with a kid who was called Mike Hunt. Would get a chuckle all the time when he was in class an the teacher or the office would call his name.

Staying on topic Mitch Gaulton is my gilrfriends cousin, so hopefully he makes the NHL and I can get some free tickets. Talked to him after a game in Owen Sound the one night and he seems to be a great kid. He also played in the Ontario Summer Games for baseball a couple of years back, and I went to the same games and played Rugby for the Southwestern team. These things are a great learning experience and a lot of fun. I'm glad that they do them.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
I know this is probably going to make me sound dumb but what is the big deal with the name Mike Hunt?

hockeyRookie

Apr 18, 2006
Holy **** 27 points for Tessier........he must have seriously racked up points vs the brutal teams.........Ive seen a few games and Stamkos looks great........havent seen him passing much but can sure finish.

Obviously you have not followed the games very much. The New Brunswick Team did not meet any brutal team such as N.W.T or Yukon.. They played Alberta, BC, Quebec, Saskatchewan NFLD and NS.

The Tessier's line consist of the Patrice Cormier , Devon McCausland and Kelsey Tessier. They Accumulated approx. 68 points in 6 games over strong opponents. This was by far the best Offensive line in the Tournament. Also they were the best defensive line as well. Throughout the tourney, they only allowed two goals , even strength. They were awesome to see play, It was magical. When you have a team which consist of only 4 major junior players compared to Ontario which have 17, Quebec 14, BC 12 etc... You must admit, it is quite impressive.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Obviously you have not followed the games very much. The New Brunswick Team did not meet any brutal team such as N.W.T or Yukon.. They played Alberta, BC, Quebec, Saskatchewan NFLD and NS.

The Tessier's line consist of the Patrice Cormier , Devon McCausland and Kelsey Tessier. They Accumulated approx. 68 points in 6 games over strong opponents. This was by far the best Offensive line in the Tournament. Also they were the best defensive line as well. Throughout the tourney, they only allowed two goals , even strength. They were awesome to see play, It was magical. When you have a team which consist of only 4 major junior players compared to Ontario which have 17, Quebec 14, BC 12 etc... You must admit, it is quite impressive.
Maybe if Doyle had linemates he would have came close. 15 points is still impressive on a solo effort. Key thing I like about Tessier is his extra info, I hate to lose..thats a guy you want to draft.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada

How many major junior players did Manitoba have.....seems to me they were ranked extremely low going into the tourney and pulling a Silver was an amazing feat for them......much moreso then Ontario getting gold or Alberta Bronze

Tavares is not too young. He played in the world under-17 hockey challenge last year, then graduated to play for Canada's under-18 team in Sweden last spring. That made him ineligible to play in Canada Winter Games this year.

Not sure, but if Tavares hadn't played in under-18 last year, he might have been able to play in CWG this year.

For example, anyone know if Landon Ferraro of B.C. and Brandon Gormley of P.E.I. will be allowed to play next year in world under-17 hockey challenge or are you limited to one year of this tournament. In the past, there have been examples of guys playing more thanone year I believe.

Yeah, they will. As one example, Dwight King played as an underager in 2005 and again last year for Saskatchewan at the Under-17s. In respect to Tavares, I don't think he's ineligible as much as it is a conscious decision to not move players like him back an age-group and instead give another player a shot.

fullspeed

Jul 21, 2006
toews

Well as far as stamkos goes he is a special player with great puck and skating skills.
Tessier was excellent, to rack up those numbers on a average team playing good teams is fantastic, considering the amount of ice time stamkos got.
Toews was great in the final two games scoring big goals and playing solid in is own end compared to his brother to much not an easy live up to, also Cody Hodgson he is a stud i mean he domminated the BC game and started the finals game strong all big faceoffs PK 2 man down blocking shots and working in the corners for stamkos most underated and talked about.
Beach well he was was i heard about a character he got on everyone in the tournamnet including his own team.
as afr as 91 goes Ferraro will be a special player also that Bubnick and Cowen those are some strong players.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Some of this stuff on the website is funny, for example Jared NELSON Cowen. :biglaugh:

Also, look at some of the pictures like from the NWT team...they're like class photos.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Bump!
The Winter games are coming up, so I figured it's a appropriate time to bump it. Interesting opinions on some of the players that played that year.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
lol I love seeing these old threads. How wrong & right some people are. Kevin Poulin the best goalie since Luongo/Fleury in the Q :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->