Canada wasn't outplaying the Russians in the first 2 periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

endora2

Jan 3, 2010
I could have been 3-0 Russia after 2 periods. The Canadians capitalized on their limited opportunities. The Russians had similar opportunities...but didn't cash in...... until the 3rd period. I thought after 2 periods...it easily could have been a tie. Russia had lots of great opportunities to score all game long. Canada(because of unprepared/poor coaching)...had no answer for the Russians stretch passes and break-outs. If you watch a replay of the game....Russia was the much more skilled team. So....it wasn't really a collosal meltdown of team Canada....that everyone in Canada seems to think. A talented and very tight-knit determined Russian team was a deserving winner.:)

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
Why is this a thread? Nice opinion and all, I don't quite agree with it. Agree that Russia deserved the gold though.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I have no idea what game you watched. Canada clearly outplayed Russia until the second Russia goal (Russia had periods of superior play in both of the first two periods), after which the rout was on. Russia had hardly any scoring chances before the first goal, and Canada nearly had a fourth goal that just rang off the post. Russia was the deserved winner though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad