Canada vs USA styles - Bob McKenzie

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Thats a very competitive team and any Canadian who doesn't think its comptetitive with Canada B just doesn't get it.

Canada B is closer in skill to USA A & Canada A than USA B is to Canada B.

Anything is possible in a one game elimination though. USA B could beat Canada B or Canada A in a one game scenario.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Canada's strategy: Grind your opponents early in the game and they will slow down; Grind your opponents in the middle of the game and they will take penalties; Grind your opponents in the 3rd period and they will lose moral.

Canada = ALL HEART; which no other nation has. Doesn't matter if you have more skill; more speed; more strength because nothing beats more HEART.

This post while being funny at the time, is hilarious now.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Okay...fair enough... We are not in 2nd grade... Perhaps some evidence among NCAA D1 teams to support this answer... I believe students in college or at high levels of education has to support the answer with reason to gain a percentage of correct answer on the question...Even if the answer is right...
This is to make it hard for morons to gain % when it is undeserved.
I look forward to some Nationality %'s

may have been answered already but No, there aren't more Canadians in the NCAA is the correct answer

1050 USA
485 Canada
13 Sweden
4 Slovakia
4 Finland
3 Netherlands
2 France
1 Australia
1 Belarus
1 Germany
1 Slovenia
1 Norway
1 Denmark

Is a listing of the players currently in the NCAA DI ranks right now

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
In Canada you learn to play along the boards from an early age. You learn to wear your opponents down by hitting them into the boards; You learn to take a hit into the boards; you learn to protect the puck using your body and the boards. You learn to use the boards to control play. You learn to use the boards to clear the puck.

To beat Canada; you use skill and a grinding game; combine with speed at a high tempo.

Canada's strategy: Grind your opponents early in the game and they will slow down; Grind your opponents in the middle of the game and they will take penalties; Grind your opponents in the 3rd period and they will lose moral.

Canada = ALL HEART; which no other nation has. Doesn't matter if you have more skill; more speed; more strength because nothing beats more HEART.

this is why some Canadiens fans take so much flak

Last edited:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
this is why some Canadiens fans take so much flak

I think you mean Canadian.Anyways, why would you let one person speak for all of us? I mean, I see plenty of Americans say dumb things and I don't generalize all Americans into that opinion.

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
I think you mean Canadian.Anyways, why would you let one person speak for all of us? I mean, I see plenty of Americans say dumb things and I don't generalize all Americans into that opinion.

thanks for the correction and note the some, i'm not generalizing, but you cant argue that this sentiment of Canada being the elite of the hockey where everybody else is just there to be there is not true with some Canadian fans

OilerFanatic88

Jul 24, 2008
thanks for the correction and note the some, i'm not generalizing, but you cant argue that this sentiment of Canada being the elite of the hockey where everybody else is just there to be there is not true with some Canadian fans

Ya I kinda cringe when I read the signs at the arena... "This is our game" and stuff. There is nothing wrong with being confident, but that is just annoying to me. I get why other countries love to hate us haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad