Canada vs UBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
Brule said:
Wow, what the heck does Sutter do with the goalies now?

Pogge is basically a lock for the team, but all of the other 3 goalies have had terrible games.

At this point I am not sure who is going to be the backup. I guess you just draw straws or something.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Eb0la11 said:
I think Setoguchis role on the team would be on the top 2 lines, and when he basically hasnt scored, how do you expect him to play anywhere else? The only chance he has is as the 13th man. His only goal in these 3 exhibs was a friggen trash goal. I really hope he is just levelling guys cause thats the only way hes going to get noticed if he isnt scoring. He can hit harder than most. Are u watching the game somehow flames draft watcher?

Yeah, I'm at the game right now. Setoguchi has showed good forechecking. I could see him as the 4th line RW. Personally I like what I've despite the lack of numbers. Showed some skill, tenacity, heart.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Cogliano continues to shine with a goal and an assist. It looks like he could have a pretty prominent role in Canada's offence this year...

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Brule said:

Pogge is basically a lock for the team, but all of the other 3 goalies have had terrible games.

Dubnyk has been the worst, so he's done. Tossup between Price and Ellis. Price is trying to catch Ellis' brutal 8 goal performance last night. He's allowed 3 goals on 8 shots in 10 minutes tonight :eek:

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Hey Flames Draft Watcher? Wanna do me a favor and yell something out of the ordinary at seto to inspire him?! Be like "YOU ROCK DEVIN SETOGUCHI" with your face right over the glass to get him pumped up?!?! Seriously....

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
Flames Draft Watcher said:
I feel most comfortable with Price as the backup. The other two just don't give me the same feeling.

I agree. Plus Price is still only 18 and it would be a nice experience for him for next year, where he will surley be the starter.

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
Cerebral said:
Cogliano continues to shine with a goal and an assist. It looks like he could have a pretty prominent role in Canada's offence this year...

JFJ is going to pay for passing on a local kid like Cogliano. I think he could have went top 10 had he played in the OHL.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
well i guess this is what happened to Price, when your a goalie you need warm up shots first, like you know not amazing scoring chances right away. Because its Team Canada vs a university which is no competition at all and just 2 good goalies they were both left out to dry. The 3 first shots were those good scoring opportunities and later on in the game he bounced back because he finally got warmed up.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
So whose getting cut?

Setoguci, Esposito, Brassard, Chucko, Little?

I'd have to say those are the probable cuts. Unless they are decide not to take young Toews who has looked good. Or you could sub Setoguchi for Downie or Bertram. But I think Chucko, Brassard, Esposito and Little are cut. Chucko and Brassard did look good today though.

Either Pokuluk or Schultz as the last defenseman.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Richard_Zednik said:
well i guess this is what happened to Price, when your a goalie you need warm up shots first, like you know not amazing scoring chances right away. Because its Team Canada vs a university which is no competition at all and just 2 good goalies they were both left out to dry. The 3 first shots were those good scoring opportunities and later on in the game he bounced back because he finally got warmed up.

Are you sure he didn't get any warm-up shots? Usually in exhi games like this they'll fire out a handful of pucks and let him handle 15-20 shots like in the NHL preseason games.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
So...

Anyone else find it cool that Pogge was handed the number one spot?

Yeah, I mean he's the only one who didn't face any real opposition all week. Playing for the team that doesn't get owned from end to start helps..

Just a thought.

Drakkar

Apr 8, 2004
Irvine, CA
Rahan said:
So...

Not at all.. it makes me nervous. But there's still lots of time left at the camp, so.. no big deal I guess.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Rahan said:
So...

Yeah, I mean he's the only one who didn't face any real opposition all week. Playing for the team that doesn't get owned from end to start helps..

Huh? How did he not face any real opposition? The team he shut out scored 8 on Ellis.

You'll have to explain that comment, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Brule said:

That is easy ..

Play Pogge every minute of every game in the WJC and hope he doesn't get hurt .. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->