Canada vs. Swiss - Dec. 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjan9

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Are there any players on the WJC team that played for the Swiss during the under-18 Four Nations Tournament in Ann Arbor a month or so ago? Cause I remember being pleasantly surprised with their effort...

chicpea*

THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Give me only one name who will make a play at the blue line. maybe u haven´t read that seydoux won´t play at the wjc. ramholt won´t. maybe Furrer?

They have wick, romy, than? do u know just one?

I probably know 10 players of 21. and i am from there. there are some players from nlb which nobody cares.

Look, it's an exhibition game. If Canada goes in lightly it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities that the Swiss could just possibly score three goals. Do I think they will? No. Canada will soundly beat them unless something unusual happens. I just don't think it's good to be for them to be cocky before any game. That said, good luck to both.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
The Swiss will have to be excellent tactically to survive this game, even then they seem to be awestruck when they play Canada. I think it was Della Bella in 96 that was unreal to keep it 2-1. They usually get beat 6,7 or 8-2.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Canada 6 Switzerland 2
Goals: Crosby,Perry,Carter,Phaneuf,Richards and Stewart

Go Canada Go

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
i Remember the year when david abaesher was in nets for the swiss and the final score was 3-2 Canada with Abaesher making 50 some saves. Unless the Swiss netminder has a performance like that, i cant see this one being close

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Cosmo said:
Is there a chance to hear it via i-net???

they report that crosby will center the top line.

bergeron-crosby-perry

absolutely a high scoring line. After Sids great performance it seems to me that sutter really found confidence in Sid.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Canada should have no trouble tonight. I was at the game lastnight, and the Swiss outplayed Fin for the first half, but got worn down by the bigger team by the second half. Playing today they are going to be sore, and facing an even bigger/heavier hitting team. Their Dmen are small, and will have a helluve time tonight. Add to the fact that their starter played yesterday, so maybe their 17 year old goalie will be starting :dunno:

I say the Swiss put up a fight in the first, get blown out in the second, and Canada sits back in the third. Final score: 8-1 Canada

SergeiKost99

Mar 12, 2004
canada
i was pretty close on the last prediction vs finland i said 6-1 (dammit i was thinking 6-0 but then thought finland has to score)

but i will say vs swiss it will be 5-1

Feb 24, 2004
Realistically, 7-1 seems fine. But somewhere in the back of my mind, with Swiss being banged up, this could be an absolute blowout.

Something along the lines of 12 or 13 to 1. You heard it here first.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
leafs4thecup said:
Realistically, 7-1 seems fine. But somewhere in the back of my mind, with Swiss being banged up, this could be an absolute blowout.

Something along the lines of 12 or 13 to 1. You heard it here first.
to ring up a score like that, you'd almost have to be looking to embarrass your opponent. i doubt the canadian players are like that.

dearyou

Mar 2, 2004
agreed

After being at last night's game, I can safely say that if Switzerland scores, it will be because of a severe Canadian error. Finland was the better team last night, and just was not getting the bounces, and finally when they did, in the third period, they connected. Switzerland are small, minus one guy, and don't hit. Hopefully tonight's game will be a little more wide open. Last night, there was a 2 opposing guys on the puck at all time, as if the whole rink surface was the trap.
Canada needs to start with some intensity, and maintain that, and there should be no problem to do this.

8-0 Canada. Dawes, Bergeron, Perry....two of those three will get multiple goals.
Crosby will get 3 assists.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
dearyou said:
After being at last night's game, I can safely say that if Switzerland scores, it will be because of a severe Canadian error. Finland was the better team last night, and just was not getting the bounces, and finally when they did, in the third period, they connected. Switzerland are small, minus one guy, and don't hit. Hopefully tonight's game will be a little more wide open. Last night, there was a 2 opposing guys on the puck at all time, as if the whole rink surface was the trap.
Canada needs to start with some intensity, and maintain that, and there should be no problem to do this.

8-0 Canada. Dawes, Bergeron, Perry....two of those three will get multiple goals.
Crosby will get 3 assists.

OT...

if you can't be the life of the party, you'll be the death of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->