GDT: Canada vs Russia WJC New Years Eve-9pm EST

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well, im saying that because he's small and i believe that in the NHL on a small team like the canadiens that is still going to lack size and strenght, a guy like drouin would be more of the same. Assuming we draft high, with the talent their is in the draft, a guy like Mackinnon or Barkov would suit the habs better. Size wins stanley cups, look at the bruins and the kings

That doesn't make him fragile.

Plus the Habs are an average sized team. Taking a potential top 5 pick(assuming Drouin MacKinnon Barkov etc) based on size is as ridiculous as it gets. If you can get a star or superstar you take him at any size and build a team around him.

Drouin is actually heavier than Mackinnon by about 5 lbs and they have a half inch to an inch difference in height...again ridiculous. We should base our drafts on the Lightning's 2000-2005 draft philosophy of size first...:shakehead

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00008385.html

Boston won with goaltending more than anything else. A bunch of their best players were average to small in those playoffs...Bergeron Krejci Marchand Recchi.

LA won with strong goaltending, mobile defense and a deep group of forwards. They did have some size up front but also some smaller guys that produced.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No, I meant in general.

People overrate him based on the fact that people have been talking about him for 4 years and comparing him to Crosby. I get labelled a hater for not drinking the Cool Aid.

I think he'll be a very good NHLer, potentially a perennial all star but not in the Malkin Crosby Ovechkin etc level.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
People overrate him based on the fact that people have been talking about him for 4 years and comparing him to Crosby. I get labelled a hater for not drinking the Cool Aid.

I think he'll be a very good NHLer, potentially a perennial all star but not in the Malkin Crosby Ovechkin etc level.

That's fair, it just seems like you go out of your way an inordinate amount to knock him down. I'm not really sure why it's necessary, especially if you think he could be a perennial all-star on top of it.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
That's fair, it just seems like you go out of your way an inordinate amount to knock him down. I'm not really sure why it's necessary, especially if you think he could be a perennial all-star on top of it.

Everytime the topic of the draft comes up people assume he will be the top pick. I think once the dust settles he could slide like Gormley, Fowler and Couturier. He has questions about his attitude/seflishness as well as his vision on the ice that other top 5 candidates don't have.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Canada was really impressive. Drouin is amazing. He will start knocking for the first overall draft prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad