Canada v. CIS tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewagon

Jan 26, 2006
Some things I will be watching for....

How they utilize the goalies: who will play for Canada? for CIS? and in what order?
I would think the coaches would start the goalies that are the "maybes". I have to say I don't have a preference amonst the 3 likely candidates, but I really hope someone runs with it starting tonight.

Offensive Chemistry: I don't think any decisions on talent now will make or break this team. I do think that any chemistry that is present in groups of 2 or 3 forwards needs to be built on...and fast. Any of the non-returnees that don't seem to gel with someone tonight could be in jeopardy.

Which of the returning forwards play, and with whom.

itzabreeze

Jul 12, 2006
Are Letang and Bourdon not playing tonight?, or will they be playing in the 2nd or 3rd periods. I would guess they are giving others time to get a better look see?.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
I think that it's 2-1 CIS through half game...

Now Irving and Bernier are up in the game!

I think Mason allowed 2 goals and Price one!

I guess Price was playing for Team CIS

Ri hards

Jun 21, 2004
It's now CIS 4-2.

Two powerplay goals have them up by two (duh). Canada outshot them 26-15.

Ri hards

Jun 21, 2004
you can really tell the age difference between the two teams. Most of Canada's forwards are literally being pushed off the puck on the rush by the CIS defencemen .

zBearcat

Mar 20, 2006
Calgary
How does Bernier look?

He's had two PP goals against him. On the first one, it was a slap shot from the point, and he must not have seen it because he didn't really react to it and it went right by him. The second goal he got beat by a really nice shot by the CIS player.

Neither Irving or Bernier have been impressive, although at this point of the game, I would say Irving has the edge, because he's just seen more action so far.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
5-4 CIS

Irving and Bernier allowed 3 goals so far
Price One (Price saved AT LEAST 13 shots because he received between 14 and 19shots)
Mason Two

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
From the look of it, Price seems to be the best goaltender so far.

I hoping for a Price-Bernier Tandem

But I guess we're gonna see a Price-Irving tandem with no number 1 named name before the start of the tournament!

I hope Jodoin gonna be able to push Bernier a bit!

But as of Yesterday Price got a slight edge over Irving.. And Bernier was kind of behind the race!

As of today, Bernier didn't do much to increase his stock today :(

But I'm not Team Canada Head Coach! So i guess we need to heard what B.Mckenzie think of the game before having a better idea of the composition of the team!

chris_yk

Sep 25, 2006
Yellowknife/Calgary
this was nowhere near a CIS all-star team, it was pretty much most of the U of C team with I think 6 guys from U of Lethbridge and the junior team goalies. good show from the U of C guys tonite, especially Aaron Richards, Ryan Annesley and Colin McRae.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Goalie Stats

Price: 17 saves / 18 shots
Irving: 21 saves / 24 shots
Bernier: 10 saves / 13 shots
Mason: 2 goals allowed!

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
this was nowhere near a CIS all-star team, it was pretty much most of the U of C team with I think 6 guys from U of Lethbridge and the junior team goalies. good show from the U of C guys tonite, especially Aaron Richards, Ryan Annesley and Colin McRae.

Yikes, those CIS teams usually get pounded by NCAA squads in exhibition games....Calgary even lost to joke of a team Air Force earlier this year.
What a showing to beat the Canadians.:eek:

espo*

Yikes, those CIS teams usually get pounded by NCAA squads in exhibition games....Calgary even lost to joke of a team Air Force earlier this year.
What a showing to beat the Canadians.:eek:

You're all excited now are you?

Calm down,Canada isn't out of the tournament yet.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
you can really tell the age difference between the two teams. Most of Canada's forwards are literally being pushed off the puck on the rush by the CIS defencemen .

Two years makes that much of a difference?

Or do kids go to college at a later age in Canada or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->