Canada v Austria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Ahhh, nothing like making predictions based solely on the results of meaningless exhibition games. You putting money down on it?

I know I wouldn't. I'm sure Canada will be up for Finland, and the U.S. will surely play better (i.e more disciplined) when it's "for real". The bottom line though, is you can't underestimate any opponent, so I look for a convincing U.S. victory against Austria.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
I guess the reason why Canada did not score 13 against Austria like the Finns did is, that it was the third exhibition game for Austria and they adjusted better to the higher level. The Austrians may not be in the same class with Canada and Finland, but they aren't bad hockey players either. They at least know what it takes not to give up 13 goals after 3 games...

Just because of their exhibition results it is dumb to say that Finland is twice as good as Canada just because they scored more goals against Austria.

gopher

Dec 5, 2002
Europe
www.legioxv.org
Fan.At said:
I guess the reason why Canada did not score 13 against Austria like the Finns did is, that it was the third exhibition game for Austria and they adjusted better to the higher level. The Austrians may not be in the same class with Canada and Finland, but they aren't bad hockey players either. They at least know what it takes not to give up 13 goals after 3 games...

Just because of their exhibition results it is dumb to say that Finland is twice as good as Canada just because they scored more goals against Austria.

jep, i totally agree!!

note:
vanek wasn´t in the lineup!

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
VOB said:
As things stand right now, Canada will be in over their heads against Finland. The Finns absoultly crushed Austria and limited them to only 10 shots on goal.

I really expected a more dominant performance by Canada against a team that will be back in the B pool next year.

My prediction for Friday's game: Finland 3 Canada 0. (only Fluery's heroics will keep the score this close.)

Well at least you got the score right :p

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Haha....That game was the complete opposite, heres how it should read

My prediction for Friday's game: Finland 0 Canada 3. (only Toivanen's heroics will keep the score this close.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->