Canada v Austria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
streetballer03 said:
You don't even need to watch it. Canada won before the game even started.

Right because the only reason people watch WJCs is to find out who wins the games...

Personally I couldn't care less who wins this tournament, the only reason I watch it is to evaluate prospects.

eSabre

Dec 14, 2002
Nashville, TN
3rdmanin.wordpress.com
streetballer03 said:
You don't even need to watch it. Canada won before the game even started.
Not so fast. Thomas Vanek will own Canada tomorrow.

You'll see.

My prediction:

Austria 417, Canada 1

...but, Canada holds Vanek to 401 goals, 16 assists.

Paille scores for Canada.

gopher

Dec 5, 2002
Europe
www.legioxv.org
underdog

with ore without vanek, he can play like a god, it doesn´t matter, the austrian team has lost 7-8 important players from last years squad (to old - 83), so, nice to be in finnland ..... but we will lose!

hopefully canada shows some mercy .... this team is to young and unproven!

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Final Score:
Canada 6, Austria 1

Canada 2-0 in Exhibition --- hopefully they can carry these two wins into the tournament. Not sure who scored for Canada but will dig around.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
As things stand right now, Canada will be in over their heads against Finland. The Finns absoultly crushed Austria and limited them to only 10 shots on goal.

I really expected a more dominant performance by Canada against a team that will be back in the B pool next year.

My prediction for Friday's game: Finland 3 Canada 0. (only Fluery's heroics will keep the score this close.)

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
VOB said:
As things stand right now, Canada will be in over their heads against Finland. The Finns absoultly crushed Austria and limited them to only 10 shots on goal.

I really expected a more dominant performance by Canada against a team that will be back in the B pool next year.

My prediction for Friday's game: Finland 3 Canada 0. (only Fluery's heroics will keep the score this close.)

Ahhh, nothing like making predictions based solely on the results of meaningless exhibition games. You putting money down on it?

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
VOB said:

So if i follow your logic we should already count the american out?!

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
VOB said:

The one thing we learn every year is that the exhibition games mean jack squat.

Another thing to take note, Canada rarely plays well against extremely inferior opponents.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Brock said:
The one thing we learn every year is that the exhibition games mean jack squat.

Another thing to take note, Canada rarely plays well against extremely inferior opponents.
to add to your comments, canada never plays with full emotion in those exhibition games. Wait till the first game well see some bodies fly.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
I think it's encouraging that a completely different group of players scored the goals today. It shows that the team is multi-faceted, and any one of them can put it in the net on any given day.

BCCHL inactive

VOB said:

So you're basing this on two meaningless exhibition games?

As somebody already mentioned, according to your logic, the Americans are already toast....and the Russians lost to a senior team in Russia, so I guess they're gone too right?

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Van said:
So you're basing this on two meaningless exhibition games?

As somebody already mentioned, according to your logic, the Americans are already toast....and the Russians lost to a senior team in Russia, so I guess they're gone too right?

What I am saying is that Finland is a team to be reckoned with and if Canada plays anything like they did against Austria today, then yes they will be toast.

I still stand by my prediction of Finland 3 Canada 0!!

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
VOB said:
What I am saying is that Finland is a team to be reckoned with and if Canada plays anything like they did against Austria today, then yes they will be toast.

I still stand by my prediction of Finland 3 Canada 0!!
The difference will be that Canada will not play like they did against Austria. They will play harder and better against the Fins. Canada goes easy on inferior oppents and it was exhibition which means the game was meaningless.

BCCHL inactive

VOB said:

And just how do you know what Canada looked like against Austria?

If your location is correct (Michigan), on which network did you watch this game that was not even televised in Canada?

Last edited by a moderator:

chicpea*

Van said:
If your location is correct (Michigan), on which network did you watch this game that was not even televised in Canada?

Now that's funny.

Canada does not tend to define themselves by their performances against drastically weaker teams. Sure, if their pp sucks, that's cause for concern; but if all lines are doing their jobs and getting warmed up, then a 6-1 score is nothing to be ashamed of. Far from it.
That said, they won't be riding these two insignificant wins into boxing day's contest. They will be nervous as he** for the first few shifts but will hopefully win.

I say Canada 4, Finland 2.
Go Dawes. Go Canada (and Ukraine).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->