Canada & USA uniforms....abomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
The smaller jersey doesn't bother me, just the stripes. I REALLY hate the way the stripes are.

BCCHL inactive

vespajet said:
With Reebok being bought up by adidas-Solomon AG, hopefully some sanity will return in the uniform department.

Adidas' purchase of RBK won't affect anything in North America. That was mainly for European soccer purposes.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
SensGuy said:
I thought Germany looked really good in their uni's today.

agree, those jerseys looked amazing!

i still dont like the Swift design, with the pressed on numbers/logos
they look very cheap and houseleague

im not to happy about the collars either or the cut, but at least go back to the stitched on classy jerseys, these just look cheap

OCD

Aug 5, 2005
wolf creek
wolfcreekthemovie.com
those uniforms (olympic USA-CANADA) are so bad they look worse than the worst flaming gay disney designer's nightmare.

if the nhl goes with the stupid new design it will be an abomination.
(tucked in ordeal)

yeah the krauts had slick jerzees though...(eagle looks like it should be on a 40's era tiger tank)

YungGunner94

Apr 7, 2004
i like the new jersies....looked sleeker and didnt make bertuzzi look so bearish.....

germanies were probably the best though....usa's probably the worst.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
OCD said:
those uniforms (olympic USA-CANADA) are so bad they look worse than the worst flaming gay disney designer's nightmare.

if the nhl goes with the stupid new design it will be an abomination.
(tucked in ordeal)

yeah the krauts had slick jerzees though...(eagle looks like it should be on a 40's era tiger tank)
Apart of Germany's, what do you think of other jerseys? Do you think they are all better than USA's and Canada's? IMO, pretty much every team with the new uniforms look awful and may I say gay?

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Jay Fresh said:
I liked Canada's jerseys. I thought they looked clean, streamlined, overall cool. I see nothing wrong with them, thought they were a nice change.

Maybe it's just me. :dunno:
I don't mind the red jersey but the white one is not very nice but at least the socks don't have the vertical lines. I think the USA jersey is the worse.

Forever27

Aug 20, 2005
They look okay from a distance but once you get up close all the players look pregnant or something. My friends and I actually laughed the first time we saw them up close.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
primetime said:
How about Italy's uniform in general? Blue on blue on blue... there isn't even any blue in their flag. Ugly.

There is more in sport uniform traditions than flag colors. The italians are playing in blue in every sport. "Squadra Azzura" is what they are usually known as (most often in soccer).

Another team is the New Zealand's rugby team "All blacks" who play in...duh...black.

On Topic: I like the new jerseys, look a lot sleeker and have more style imo.

YungGunner94

Apr 7, 2004
pretty much all new zealand teams play in black...like their cricket team for example..

just like australian teams wear yellow even though yellow is nowhere on their flag.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Gotta admit, I didn't even notice Team Finland was using the new sleek jerseys and to be honest, I don't see anything wrong with them!

Veinless

Aug 23, 2005
Does anyone have a picture of the Latvian jersey from today? I cannot find one no matter how much I search.

Thanks,
Dennis

MrAlfie

at first the new jerseys looked very odd to me, and it seemed like they were really tight.. too tight...
but lately they look a lil wider... i wonder if the manufactuer did change something or if the teams just ordered a bigger size

Ironchef Chris Wok*

I LOVE the Red Retro Logo Jersey we had at Salt Lake. I own it.

The new ones aren't bad. I'd buy one.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
The new jerseys really don't look that much different than the old ones. I actually thought the USA looked good in their all blue shirt/socks/pants against Slovakia. If the new NHL jerseys look like these, I would be pretty happy. (please no tucked in jerseys though.)

As far as all the Nike jerseys being the exact same design except logo and color, that is very annoying. It's the exact same way with Nike's soccer jerseys. That is so extremely lame on Nike's part, I assume they save money by doing it that way.

Murphy*

Ironchef Chris Wok said:
I LOVE the Red Retro Logo Jersey we had at Salt Lake. I own it.

The new ones aren't bad. I'd buy one.

Same here. They look good.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I don't like the designs some of the counties have, but I do like the tighter look of the uniforms. My only real beef with the proposed uniform changes for the NHL next season was the (apparently) mandated changes in design so that the sweaters could be cookie cuttered. I still don't see why teams can't go to the new material but keep the old designs. The sleeker look gets a thumbs up from me, though.

Gophers

Nov 23, 2004
I don't mind having a slimmer jersey...but what the hell is that vertical stripe doing on the sock! I thought the the jerseys that USA wore during the 2004 WJCs looked pretty slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad