Canada & USA uniforms....abomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamebettman*

for the women thus far, I'm assuming the mens will be the same.

this is just beyond stupid. First off, they have the same idiotic designs, jersey is too tight, weird stripes in the wrong place, no horizontal striping at the bottom of the jersey, numbers on the shoulders? The color is ridiculous, dark blue jersey blends into dark hockey pants making a silly unitard effect that everybody hates.

the only thing really different about it is that USA is stamped on one and a leaf on the other....oh yea and Canada at least gets a big fat out of place horizontal stripe on the sock while the US gets a silly VERTICAL block stripe....how lame.

thank god for team sweden, they look the classiest so far, didn't submit to the uniform massacre that was foisted on canada and the u.s.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
When people start complaining about Olympic hockey uniforms, I really begin to wonder just what kind of life they lead.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Same can be said of the finnish uniforms.
Imo they just look....gay :shakehead

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
my quickie mockup for my own canada unis. yay or nay? i'm not a big fan of black on the canada uniforms (even if it's just a stripe), and vertical stripes don't belong on a hockey sweater IMO.

i think i would even buy one of these ;)

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Aren't they gonna be just like the WJHC jerseys..........they do look pretty weird, one step back of spandex.

blamebettman*

Chootoi said:
my quickie mockup for my own canada unis. yay or nay? i'm not a big fan of black on the canada uniforms (even if it's just a stripe), and vertical stripes don't belong on a hockey sweater IMO.

i think i would even buy one of these ;)

Cleveland Brownish....but with black hockey pants they would look kinda cool

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Does anyone else want Nike to get the F**k away from hockey and hockey related products, those jersey are an abomination.

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
blamebettman said:
for the women thus far, I'm assuming the mens will be the same.

this is just beyond stupid. First off, they have the same idiotic designs, jersey is too tight, weird stripes in the wrong place, no horizontal striping at the bottom of the jersey, numbers on the shoulders? The color is ridiculous, dark blue jersey blends into dark hockey pants making a silly unitard effect that everybody hates.

the only thing really different about it is that USA is stamped on one and a leaf on the other....oh yea and Canada at least gets a big fat out of place horizontal stripe on the sock while the US gets a silly VERTICAL block stripe....how lame.

thank god for team sweden, they look the classiest so far, didn't submit to the uniform massacre that was foisted on canada and the u.s.
I completely agree, Sweden is the only team that's not a fashion travesty. That weird vertical stripe on the socks is the worst.

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
Jimmi Jenkins said:
Does anyone else want Nike to get the F**k away from hockey and hockey related products, those jersey are an abomination.

YES!!! We can thank Nike for these crappy designs. I like what Reebok has done with the NHL jerseys this year, but Nike needs to get out of the hockey business and stick to other sports.

The problem with Nike is that they overthink things waaay too much. The jersey from the last two Olympics (I believe both were Nike) were actually decent looking (both Canada and the US).

However, the Nike motto seems to be, "If it ain't broke, break it, and then re-design it."

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
You people are forgetting that the RBK jerseys for next NHL season, if passed, will be far beyond spandex (and they'll be tucked in)

So if you think this is bad, close your eyes cuz it'll only get worse before it gets better (unfortunately)

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
My issue is with the numbers and letters on the jersey, they are so skinny that you can't read the names on the jerseys almost all of the time from the TV long shots and you can't read the numbers half of the time either. That's really great planning.....this isn't a damn fashion show, it's a Olympic hockey game! :shakehead

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
Agreed. The jerseys are hideous!

To my knowledge USA, Canada, and Russia all have them. I'd imagine that Germany, Czech, and Slovakia will have them too... Let's just hope no more of them appear, especially not to replace the Tré Kronor of Sweden.

USA should've kept the jerseys they've had for years and I personally think that Canada's jerseys in the late 90's were their best.

tml_4ever

It's Chaotic
May 24, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
whoever decided VERTICLE STRIPES was hip or something and approved them for the uniform should be shot to death with a pellet gun.

did someone seriously one day wake up and say: "i'm brilliant! verticle stripes on the hockey uniforms is the way to go! god....wait, i am a god!"

:rant: :madfire: :help:

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
CoolJay28 said:
Agreed. The jerseys are hideous!

To my knowledge USA, Canada, and Russia all have them. I'd imagine that Germany, Czech, and Slovakia will have them too...

They all have them except Sweden and maybe Norway, not sure about them.

THN had an ad for River City Sports in the Olympic preview showing all the jerseys that will be worn- all the teams have the same stupid design. The Slovakian and Russian road jerseys are the EXACT same thing, only with the blue and red swapped.

It's brutal what Nike has done. They have absolutely no respect for any sort tradition, just look at the Oregon Ducks football team, Nike's own guinea pig for ridiculous designs.

College hockey teams have the best looking jerseys in my opinion. The people calling the shots actually care about tradition and it shows in the beauty jerseys that some of the teams wear.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I hope most, if not all of you, agree with me when I say; I hope that Nike takes a massive bath on this endeavor and loses millions upon millions dollars, and stays away from hockey.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
It'll all depend on how many people actually buy the ugly uniforms. If people stay away from them, and if players don't like them, then I think Nike will be forced to change.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I read somewhere that Sweden was also supposed to have these jerseys, but Nike f'ed up and couldn't meet the deadline to produce them (how hard can it be to make about 100 jerseys for such a big company??).. So don't think that Sweden is rebelling here or anything.

Also, if they actually help the players' speed due to the reduced weight, then I don't have anything against them.. THey look more unusual than ugly, really..

YungGunner94

Apr 7, 2004
i'm watching the swiss-finland womens game as i type this...the swiss have traditional jersies on and the finns have the form fitting ones...i actually like the look of the form fitting ones...nice and sleek.....the baggy jerseys makes the swiss look a lottt bigger....same thing when i saw the italian women play the swedish women...the swedish women looked a lot bigger cus they were wearing the traditional jerseys.

X0ssbar

I think they look great. In fact I ordered a blue US replica.

IMO all the jeseys could use an updated look. I'll concede that I'm not to big on the tuck in proposal but will give it a look before panning it.

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
I kind of like the red Canada jersey. I just hate the vertical stripe socks, but I don't think Canada wears them.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
I like them on the women, but not the men. The women are too small for those huge sweaters -- the smaller ones look better. But the men shouldn't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->