Canada/US exhibition match

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Zine said:
Wow, do I feel sorry for that girl.
She made the #1 spot on ESPN's "not top 10 plays of the week".
She just layed there on the ice for a few seconds after falling too......how embarrasing. :(

my first response was to laugh,but you're right...that kid's gotta feel awful.

Vic Rattlehead*

wilka91 said:
I'd like to see you try to pull that off Wilka. Why don't you try to remember an anthem that's not yours, and go out in front of an audience.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
19bruins19 said:
I'd like to see you try to pull that off Wilka. Why don't you try to remember an anthem that's not yours, and go out in front of an audience.

I fully understand how hard it must have been for that girl, and I'm not laughing at her, but about that whole weird "situation", that's all.

But why are you asking me to remember anthems? I'm not a singer! Lawyers don's sing!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Zine said:
Wow, do I feel sorry for that girl.
She made the #1 spot on ESPN's "not top 10 plays of the week".
She just layed there on the ice for a few seconds after falling too......how embarrasing. :(

Is this clip available online?

Macman

May 15, 2004
I can't believe TSN and others have been showing this poor girl repeatedly. It shows a total lack of class.

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
Macman said:
I can't believe TSN and others have been showing this poor girl repeatedly. It shows a total lack of class.

Give me a break. It's her fault. It's not like it's a hard song to remember. I mean, I'm sure she had plenty of days to practise singing it so there should be no excuse to forget the words that horribly. She either didn't practice at all or she has a worthless memory. I know plenty of Americans who know the Canadian anthem word for word from going to hockey games and they have never been given the lyrics to read and study. She had all the time in the world to study the lyrics and she had no excuse for completely forgetting the words.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Fake Plastic Sabre said:
Give me a break. It's her fault. It's not like it's a hard song to remember. I mean, I'm sure she had plenty of days to practise singing it so there should be no excuse to forget the words that horribly. She either didn't practice at all or she has a worthless memory. I know plenty of Americans who know the Canadian anthem word for word from going to hockey games and they have never been given the lyrics to read and study. She had all the time in the world to study the lyrics and she had no excuse for completely forgetting the words.

No excuse for forgetting the words? I can think of a couple. First, English isn't her first language and, second, she's singing in front of thousands of people. I'd piss myself.

She made a mistake, fell on her ass and is now the butt of jokes worldwide. TV could have done the dignified thing and ignored it, but there's not a lot of dignity these days. Or forgiveness, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad