Canada Thread Part VIII Re-opening Is Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Strict definition? No. Using the term loosely? In a small way, I believe so, yes.

Definition of HOSTAGE

hos·tage | \ ˈhä-stij \
Definition of hostage
1a: a person held by one party in a conflict as a pledge pending the fulfillment of an agreement
b: a person taken by force to secure the taker's demands
2: one that is involuntarily controlled by an outside influence

Can I leave my house? Can I go shopping ? Can I go to my friends ? Can I go to restaurant ? Yea not a hostage.

Reactions: Pink Mist

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Our federal government quite literally said they see the pandemic as an opportunity to remake our economic systems. If you don't think how easily we were cowed factored into what opportunity they see in this, you aren't really thinking at all.

Yea or I don’t believe in this conspiracy like is said. You can go ahead and believe it that though.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It doesn't work that way. Besides if you are fully vaccinated you won't be held hostage. Unless you don't believe in requiring proof of vaccination to enter

Which way does it work?

Can I drive to the US and pick up UPS deliveries? Can I visit my relatives for a day trips? I have two shots.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why do all your posts seem so dramatic ? You’re not a hostage, claiming that is ridiculous.

definition of hostage....
one that is involuntarily controlled by an outside influence/person.

There is no voluntary control of my travel plans. Dear leader now decides where I can and cannot go.

If that is not important to you, I couldn't care less. it's important to me.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Which way does it work?

Can I drive to the US and pick up UPS deliveries? Can I visit my relatives for a day trips? I have two shots.
Not yet. I think this extension with be the last one. You keep thinking it's a one way decision on the border. Both sides have to come to an agreement. I honestly think it's that they want a system that's the same to enter both countries. IMO they should just say you require proof of vaccination to enter. Let the US do what they want.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
definition of hostage....
one that is involuntarily controlled by an outside influence/person.

There is no voluntary control of my travel plans. Dear leader now decides where I can and cannot go.

If that is not important to you, I couldn't care less. it's important to me.

I guess you are also an hostage because you can't stab people in the street. :laugh:

Very loose usage of the term.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not yet. I think this extension with be the last one. You keep thinking it's a one way decision on the border. Both sides have to come to an agreement. I honestly think it's that they want a system that's the same to enter both countries. IMO they should just say you require proof of vaccination to enter. Let the US do what they want.

The US wants to open and dear leader wants it CLOSED. So the restriction is actually one way.

If the US does not issue or does not want to issue "passports" or verification, there is absolutely nothing Trudeau can do about it. So the answer is to restrict Canadians from going to the US?

The demand of reaching 75% of the general population is unlikely because it's 86.4% of 12+. We are already slowing down a lot of first doses and it will get worse. Highly unlikely to get there.

Or isTrudeau going to demand the US reach a level of vaccinations before he opens the border? Good luck with that.

The virus isn't going away for years to come...and I'm more then a little concerned that politicians really like the face time and control. The pandemic gave them immense and unprecedented power....and they like it. This border issue smells of that.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I guess you are also an hostage because you can't stab people in the street. :laugh:

Very loose usage of the term.

I'm being held in my own country against my will. Not as loose as you imply. I don't think anyone would debate the term "hostage" could have been applied to the people held behind the Iron Curtain.

BTW my Roundup thing is real:. I need some badly for my commercial property. The stuff they sell here is literally vinegar and does nothing. I would also like to drive though the 'States on my way to Nova Scotia in a couple of weeks (shorter and much nicer drive) and I'm prevented from doing so.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm being held in my own country against my will. Not as loose as you imply. I don't think anyone would debate the term "hostage" could have been applied to the people held behind the Iron Curtain.

BTW my Roundup thing is real:. I need some badly for my commercial property. The stuff they sell here is literally vinegar and does nothing. I would also like to drive though the 'States on my way to Nova Scotia in a couple of weeks (shorter and much nicer drive) and I'm prevented from doing so.

I thought that people would chaff at being restricted by politicians. Instead they are getting use to it and even support it.

Very worrying...

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I use a bit of soap and saturated salt water on my commercial property. It works. It just needs more time because you need about six applications instead of two or three.

Very cheap to do, very safe.....if you have time on your hands.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I thought that people would chaff at being restricted by politicians. Instead they are getting use to it and even support it.

Very worrying...

Yes, agreed. I understand the reasons for the restrictions and agree with much of it and I even did my part following the rules and getting vaxxed but that doesn't change the fact it's clear many people are far too comfortable being under the thumb of politicians and even worse, health authorities. It's a very slippery slope.

And of course the guy above trots out the conspiracy theorist tag. Just like lockdowns, vaccine passports and lab leaks were conspiracy theories early 2020.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I use a bit of soap and saturated salt water on my commercial property. It works. It just needs more time because you need about six applications instead of two or three.

Very cheap to do, very safe.....if you have time on your hands.

LOL, I have no time on my hands. I spent 3 friggin' hours spraying everything with the "Improved" Roundup before I realized it's junk. Then went back with the weed eater to get it under control. Next time has to be a real fix. I've gotten all kinds of advice on diesel and bleach and now soap :). I want the real deal.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Yes, agreed. I understand the reasons for the restrictions and agree with much of it and I even did my part following the rules and getting vaxxed but that doesn't change the fact it's clear many people are far too comfortable being under the thumb of politicians and even worse, health authorities. It's a very slippery slope.

And of course the guy above trots out the conspiracy theorist tag. Just like lockdowns, vaccine passports and lab leaks were conspiracy theories early 2020.

What will you complain about next when the borders are opened and you can travel ? I mean we are all hostages right? I guess I better call my friends and let them know I can’t attend an event today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->