Canada Thread Part IX Almost there

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
This is factually incorrect in multiple ways and has been addressed on this forum many times.

The last sentence is also factually incorrect. Children face segregation if their parents fail to get them vaccinated with the multiple mandatory vaccines for schools, daycares, etc.
They can still take part in society. Never had to identify themselves as unvaccinated, which is where we are headed.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
People like you have been trying to scare us with this nonsense this whole time.

I've never even gotten so much as a test. I'm fine and everyone around me is fine. I'm not afraid of the covid boogeyman.
Good for you. Here are is the lastest hospitalization numbers in the US.

CDC COVID Data Tracker

All those people were fine as well...until they weren't.

No one here is going to try to convince you that you need to protect yourself. What people here object to is that your actions can kill others.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Whatever. Neither of us is going to convince each other.

The fact remains. I'll never get it and I accept to retain my rights to participate in society, as do many others.

You have no absolute right to participate in all aspects of society if your participation is a danger to others. It's hard to imagine that anyone who is not a complete anarchist would fail to realize this.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Good for you. Here are is the lastest hospitalization numbers in the US.

CDC COVID Data Tracker

All those people were fine as well...until they weren't.

No one here is going to try to convince you that you need to protect yourself. What people here object to is that your actions can kill others.
Your last sentence is hysteria. Technically before all this happened someone could go to Brazil or something, come back with something, make me sick and kill me. It would be a tragedy but it happens. We never pointes the finger. We're not talking about me walking outside and killing hundreds of people simply by not being vaccinated. That's insane and more cult gibberish.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
You have no absolute right to participate in all aspects of society if your participation is a danger to others. It's hard to imagine that anyone who is not a complete anarchist would fail to realize this.
Yes I do. Your argument falls apart when you think me going to restaurants and movie theatres and what not will kill a bunch of people. You're being ridiculous and getting your hysterical talking points from social media influencers like David Fisman.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Your last sentence is hysteria. Technically before all this happened someone could go to Brazil or something, come back with something, make me sick and kill me. It would be a tragedy but it happens. We never pointes the finger. We're not talking about me walking outside and killing hundreds of people simply by not being vaccinated. That's insane and more cult gibberish.

This post makes no sense at all.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Yes I do. Your argument falls apart when you think me going to restaurants and movie theatres and what not will kill a bunch of people. You're being ridiculous and getting your hysterical talking points from social media influencers like David Fisman.

The Alberta decision that you jumped into suggests that a covid positive person no longer needs to isolate themsleves from the public. A delta variant postive person sitting in a crowded movie theater can indeed kill a number of people. With current restrictions each positive individual infects 1.48 others in Alberta. Send a covid positive individual to an office or a crowded theater and that number grows substantially. Uncontrolled the reproduction rate for the delta variant can easily be 2-3 or more. Each of those people then passes it on to 2-3 others. That generates exponential growth in infections. Eventually that virus finds at risk individuals. 5% of these people will die.

There is no need for hysteria at all becuase we have already seen this process play out multiple times. You can deny it all you want. It does not change the reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Here I Pageau Again

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

This is incredibly funny considering you are basically using all the talking points of covid deniers/anti-covid vaccine social media influencers.

Reactions: lopper and Blender

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Basically we're in the early stages of getting past this pandemic. Gradually, governments are going to make the decision to stop actively tracking Covid. The UK lifted pretty much all restrictions last week and their cases are falling. However, it looks like a lot of that may be because young people are simply choosing not to be tested so they won't be told to isolate. Is that a problem? Well, according to pandemic wisdom yes it is. We'll know soon because people can't simply choose not to go to the hospital. If they get sick enough, they will show up for help. But it's inevitable that at some point we stop broad testing. Case counts don't matter unless they are taking up hospital space or dying. So we'll see how these early "experiments" play out. Frankly, I hope things go great in Alberta.

Contrary to what the anti vaxxers want to believe, the government doesn't want this to go on. It's an absolutely monumental pain in the ass to have to maintain and enforce all these Covid-related processes and stupid restrictions. It's incredibly resource-consuming and costly. They want out asap. So if restrictions are brought back, you can bet it's because the alternative looks like an even worse option...which should be cause for concern for everyone including those who "won't ever get that evil shot."

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Whatever. We'll see what happens in the fall/winter. I'm not alone and people like me will not accept a two tier society based on Covid vaccine status. There would be a revolt, that I can guarantee you.

Anti vaxxers are a parasite in society. You all want the same rights and freedoms but don’t contribute squat to the common good of society.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Anti vaxxers are a parasite in society. You all want the same rights and freedoms but don’t contribute squat to the common good of society.
Why am I an anti-vaxer because I don't want this particular vaccine? Such a lazy term.

Oh and I also think obese people and smokers are a parasite in society. See how that works?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Why am I an anti-vaxer because I don't want this particular vaccine? Such a lazy term.

Oh and I also think obese people and smokers are a parasite in society. See how that works?

No, you an anti vaxxer who refuses to get a vaccine to end this pandemic sooner. You want all the things to go back to normal, but you do f*** all to contribute. You strike me as the guy who bucked every restriction because you could.

Smoking and obesity isn’t a contagious disease like Covid. But then again? You don’t think Covid is a thing because you haven’t been affected by it.

Yes. Parasite anti vaxxer.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

My province sucks. No more isolation if you test positive. No more mask mandates period. No school restrictions, even though kids under 12 can’t get vaccinated still. No more contact tracing, that’s up to you if you get it.

We are basically on our own.

It’s coming to an end Tad, let it go. For those of us that are fully vaccinated, the stress of obsessing over covid is a bigger threat to your health then covid itself. Trust me, I’m a doctor.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
No, you an anti vaxxer who refuses to get a vaccine to end this pandemic sooner. You want all the things to go back to normal, but you do f*** all to contribute. You strike me as the guy who bucked every restriction because you could.

Smoking and obesity isn’t a contagious disease like Covid. But then again? You don’t think Covid is a thing because you haven’t been affected by it.

Yes. Parasite anti vaxxer.
Your argument hinges on the pathetic belief that we all have to vaccinate to end this pandemic. What fools you are. In BC there literally is no pandemic anymore. Same as Alberta. People are moving on.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Your argument hinges on the pathetic belief that we all have to vaccinate to end this pandemic. What fools you are. In BC there literally is no pandemic anymore.

That's obviously not true.

Same as Alberta. People are moving on.

While it remains to be seen if it's too early, don't you think that has something to do with 71% of the province being at least partially vaxxed?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
It’s coming to an end Tad, let it go. For those of us that are fully vaccinated, the stress of obsessing over covid is a bigger threat to your health then covid itself. Trust me, I’m a doctor.

No you’re not. You’re just some guy who hates all restrictions to earn a bucks or two.

I get it. Covid is an annoyance to your personal business and freedom. But there’s a significant population that can’t get vaccinated and we’re doing nothing for them. We are pulling the rug and declaring it over when it f***ing isn’t.

But I don’t expect you to get that. All that matters to you, is you.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Your argument hinges on the pathetic belief that we all have to vaccinate to end this pandemic. What fools you are. In BC there literally is no pandemic anymore. Same as Alberta. People are moving on.

You’re an anti vaxxer who doesn’t believe Covid is real because it doesn’t affect you. You’re the last person to be calling others fools.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
No you’re not. You’re just some guy who hates all restrictions to earn a bucks or two.

I get it. Covid is an annoyance to your personal business and freedom. But there’s a significant population that can’t get vaccinated and we’re doing nothing for them. We are pulling the rug and declaring it over when it f***ing isn’t.

But I don’t expect you to get that. All that matters to you, is you.
Haha you’re right actually. I am a guy who runs a business and wants to make a few bucks and have my freedom :laugh:

More kids were in the ICU in 2019 with the flu then all of covid combined. Dr Hinshaw said that yesterday.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Haha you’re right actually. I am a guy who runs a business and wants to make a few bucks and have my freedom :laugh:

More kids were in the ICU in 2019 with the flu then all of covid combined. Dr Hinshaw said that yesterday.

Although they are starting to see a spike in pediatric hospitalizations in the States. So it will be interesting to follow. Typically Covid effects kids 4-6 weeks post infection, so I'm going to follow some states pediatric admission rates over the next month or so to see what happens.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Just cause you say it's over doesn't mean it's over. Look no further then the US. They thought it was over and now dealing with high cases again.

I'm fully vaccinated and I want this to end too. I also know we aren't there yet.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I have been enjoying life. As bad as you make Ontario out to be, I have had no problem having a great summer. My trailer is open, I have been to Wonderland multiple times already and have a vacation next week.
Good man. Glad to see things get back to normal in Ontario. It was a long winter, but with the vaccines here, we can being to move on.

Reactions: Fatass
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->