Canada Russia Final again?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
To be honest, this is not a very captivating edition. Only because there are no powerhouses out there, and the offensive talent level is not as high as in previous years, when AO, Malkin, Crosby, Bergeron, Kessel, and co. were showcased.

A lockout year + a cap world will do that for you. More and more teenagers will reach the NHL faster due to the cap, and one year without the NHL in 05 gave us so many young stars to watch during the WJC.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Here we go again ... another classic match up between hockey's superpowers. I think this game will be closer then the last two gold medal games and Canada will have to play a hell of a lot better then they did today if they want to win Gold.

I don't know what Hartsburg plan was today, but when you are playing an opponent that is playing their 4th game in 5 days, you dump the puck and punish their defensemen ... especially when they rotate the top 4 as much as the US did. Horribly executed game today and Canada was lucky that their defense/Price came through.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Russia and Canada....5th gold medal matchup in 6 years, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Canada, as we know has won the last two, and I believe Russia won 2002 and 2003.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Russia and Canada....5th gold medal matchup in 6 years, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Canada, as we know has won the last two, and I believe Russia won 2002 and 2003.
That is correct. And I've seen them all, it was great in 02 and 03...05, 06 not so much..;)

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
When Sutter was coaching it felt like Canada just couldn't lose to Russia because of the matchup of styles. Obviously in 2005 Canada had an edge in talent as well, though last year Russia was clearly the more talented team but Canada still won easily. With Hartsburg I'm not so confident.

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
Russia surprised me in this tourney. I was shocked at how skilled a lot of their forwards were today against Sweden. Their GF/GA record, while in a weaker pool, is nonetheless impressive.

I think it will be a close final as Canada does not have the firepower to blow the Russians away IMO. And I expect Canada's D to make it tough for the skilled Russian players.

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
Looks like a Russia-Canada finals again but IMO, I think the Russians will take it because throughout this whole tournament, they've just cruised through while the Canadians had closer games including that intense battle with the Americans just moments ago. In other words, The Russians will be rested while the Canadians willl be emotionally drained. Yep, you heard it here first.

Go Russia Go!
even though I'm swiss.

lilooet*

When Sutter was coaching it felt like Canada just couldn't lose to Russia because of the matchup of styles. Obviously in 2005 Canada had an edge in talent as well, though last year Russia was clearly the more talented team but Canada still won easily. With Hartsburg I'm not so confident.

My feelings as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->