zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Unprecidented

Olympic
World Cup
World Championship
World Jrs.
Women's Olympic and World

Total Domination the last 3 tourneys: World Jr, World Cup, World Championship; 0 losses.

Has any country held all the hockey titles that there are at the same time before ?

:win: :hockey:

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
zenator1 said:
Unprecidented

Olympic
World Cup
World Championship
World Jrs.
Women's Olympic and World

Total Domination the last 3 tourneys: World Jr, World Cup, World Championship; 0 losses.

Has any country held all the hockey titles that there are at the same time before ?

:win: :hockey:

Yeah.... But we LOST THE SPANGLER CUP this year! So none of that other stuff matters.

:D Just kidding. Canada owns

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Sparepart said:
Yeah.... But we LOST THE SPANGLER CUP this year! So none of that other stuff matters.

:D Just kidding. Canada owns

lol The key players of Davos were Canadian. Canada owns Hockey Crown. :handclap:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
zenator1 said:

I'm sure at some point the Soviet Union has.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
All i can say to the proud Canadians is...

It's about time. With the unrealistic amounts of talent available in Canada at all levels, it's really about time.

Shouldnt this have been achieved in like 1972?

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
I hate to be a party pooper, but Russia is the reigning U18 World Champion. Not to worry, Canada will have a chance to conquer that tournament in April before any other of these titles has to be renewed.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I don't think we should count the Olympics. I mean that was ages ago.

But anyway, congrats Canada. I don't think Finland will ever achieve the same thing so I might as well be happy for the Canadians.

chicpea*

Pekka Lampinen said:
I hate to be a party pooper, but Russia is the reigning U18 World Champion.

It's true :teach:

Canada is not the best. We are sometimes the best but Russia is great too. I personally wish Finland were better than Russia but that's just me.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
chicpea said:
I personally wish Finland were better than Russia but that's just me.

Most of us do.

I guess it will never really happen, considering the fact that Finland has a population of 5 million and Russia 146 million. I mean, we might beat them, we might even beat then few years in a row, but they will always have the better prospects.

chicpea*

To be honest, I found it really odd that so many Finnish fans were rooting for the Russians this year. Am I wrong or do the finns not historically despise them?

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
chicpea said:
To be honest, I found it really odd that so many Finnish fans were rooting for the Russians this year. Am I wrong or do the finns not historically despise them?

Only Pavel Bure.

Seriously, the only reason I was rooting for Russia was because Canada was too good and I don't really like the Americans.

I wasn't really even rooting for Russia, so to speak, I just wanted to see Ovechkin and Malkin and the others play, but the bastards here only showed one Team Russia game and it was the final where they didn't show much.

Last spring at the U18s, I was far from rooting for Russia since there they were the team that was "too good".

And I don't know anyone who historically despises the Russians. Which is kinda funny considering we were at war with them only some 60 years ago.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
JetLi said:
Canada is hockeys answer to Brazil in soccer.....

No, Canada is more like Germany or maybe Netherlands in soccer. Russia or the Czech Republic are more like Brazil.

And Finland is like England.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Style and dominance wise, I'd say Canada is a bit like France + Italy in soccer while Brazil is like Russia and Czech Republic put together in hockey (Russians' individual skill plus the Czechs' passing game). In other words, Canada and Brazil rule.

But Finland is definitely like England!

As for Finns despising Russians, I certainly hope not. What happened 60-65 years ago, happened 60-65 years ago.

JetLi

Apr 19, 2004
Sweden
I mean that canada is like Brazil because they are dominating there sport internationally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad