Canada blows it AGAIN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
eyeofthetiger said:
Shulda! Woulda! Coulda! Sixty minutes of hockey is required to win Championship Games. There is no ONE person to blame...shoulda let in less goals (Fluery) they woulda won the gold... shoulda scored more goals (offence) they woulda won the gold... shoulda controlled the game in their own end (defence) they coulda won the gold...shoulda played 60 minutes of hockey, not 40... they coulda won the gold...shouldn't have sat on the lead....but the Canadians still played great hockey for the most part and were in a position to take home the GOLD. Seems to me they thought they had the game going into the third...too complacent and no desperation until it was too late...oh well there's always next year.

OK so you think the third period is sixty minutes, the rest I agree with and have already said, so all I'm getting from your rant is that you feel you had the game in control because the third period amounts to the whole game. Not taking anything away from the Americans, they played great and deserved to win as I have already said but your logic is stupid OR we were "SOUNDLY BEAT" you can take your pick.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
eyeofthetiger said:
Sixty minutes of hockey is required to win Championship Games.

I don't know what your arguing, but the States won the game based on fifteen minutes of great play. The American effort and Canadian meltdown contributed equally to the end result. It was Fleury's fault, it was the defenses fault, it was the forwards fault. Ok done.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Stephen said:
I don't know what your arguing, but the States won the game based on fifteen minutes of great play. The American effort and Canadian meltdown contributed equally to the end result. It was Fleury's fault, it was the defenses fault, it was the forwards fault. Ok done.

The first period's play was even, if not in the advantage of the U.S. who were making a lot of good plays against a nervous Canadian team.

The second period was Canada's period, but the U.S. still played hard. They were robbed by MAF on several shots, one save (the dive backwards glove save) was absoutley amazing.

The third period was U.S.'s period. Canada played decent, but were out played by the U.S.

So I fail to see how anyone can claim that Canada outplayed the U.S., and only lost due to a meltdown in the thrid period.....The meltdown was just being outplayed by the better team. It was unfortunate for the Canadiens, but the fact of the matter is they did not dominate the game as they used to. They were up coming into the third, but they couldn't handle the pressure and the better team in the end. The third period is the most important period in the game. The U.S. just had their best period when it counted the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad