WC: Canada 2019 roster (Who will go in Slovakia ?)

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
it's too bad because the tournament has been great and this team could have been so much better
It could have been also much worse. Guys are playing better than paper tells, it’s not always advantage to have team full of stars, look at USA.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
It could have been also much worse. Guys are playing better than paper tells, it’s not always advantage to have team full of stars, look at USA.
I have to be happy with the team we have... the chemistry is on another level right now, the coaches have done a solid job, it's been a fun tournament

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
ouch.... agreed that it was deserved... that's a big blow to Canada, Mantha has been a force and the Swiss will put up a tough fight tomorrow morning...

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
my point was simple... America is doing a better job than Canada in the Hockey world.... the NHL is proving that

Canada
IIHF World Championships : 26 (2016)
Olympic Gold Medals : 9 (2014)
IIHF World Juniors : 17 (2018)
World Cups/Cc : 6 (2016)
Total Gold - 58

USA
IIHF World Championships : 2 (1933)
Olympic Gold Medals : 2 (1960)
IIHF world Juniors : 4 (2017)
World Cups/Cc : 1 (1996)
Total Gold - 9

You sir might possibly be the author of one of the most ridiculous comments in the history of Hfboards.

Yikes :huh:

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Total Gold - 9

I know IIHF counted olympic gold as WC tihle but technically they won just that one in 1993 and also last olympic gold is from 1980 not 1960.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I know IIHF counted olympic gold as WC tihle but technically they won just that one in 1993 and also last olympic gold is from 1980 not 1960.

Irrelevant when taken in context of the comment I was replying to, the absurdity of that comment.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Can you explain to me why so many don't like the Strome familly in general , see only negative words on them why ?

because they're not very good. Not only do I dislike the Stromes, but I'd like to track down whoever their coach was in novice when they first laced up a pair of skates and smack him around a little.

Dylan is the more talented of the Strome clan...and I'm glad he's managed to keep his career from going off a cliff, but he shouldn't be on this team. His level of play at this tournament hasn't changed my opinion. but others had more important things to do and Dylan accepted the invite. good for him for stepping up when others wouldn't. I'll give him at least that. I'm not like others around here who give us a play by play on the players they dislike in the GDTs.

until he puts in at least another 2 full seasons like he has done in his brief Chicago stint, I'll probably object to Dylan on any version of Team Canada going to the WHC. but if he manages to become a 30-40 guy next year, maybe I'll have a different opinion. We'll see.

Reactions: Great99

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Canada
IIHF World Championships : 26 (2016)
Olympic Gold Medals : 9 (2014)
IIHF World Juniors : 17 (2018)
World Cups/Cc : 6 (2016)
Total Gold - 58

USA
Total Gold - 9

You sir might possibly be the author of one of the most ridiculous comments in the history of Hfboards.

Yikes :huh:
for some random reason I was talking about the NHL, is that related to this tournament? no... am I known for saying dumb things from time to time? yes

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
because they're not very good. Not only do I dislike the Stromes, but I'd like to track down whoever their coach was in novice when they first laced up a pair of skates and smack him around a little.

Dylan is the more talented of the Strome clan...and I'm glad he's managed to keep his career from going off a cliff, but he shouldn't be on this team. His level of play at this tournament hasn't changed my opinion. but others had more important things to do and Dylan accepted the invite. good for him for stepping up when others wouldn't. I'll give him at least that. I'm not like others around here who give us a play by play on the players they dislike in the GDTs.

until he puts in at least another 2 full seasons like he has done in his brief Chicago stint, I'll probably object to Dylan on any version of Team Canada going to the WHC. but if he manages to become a 30-40 guy next year, maybe I'll have a different opinion. We'll see.
Ok i dont see so much other teams than my Flames and the PO , but like they told here in Denmark tv Canada had 70 declines , and i remember dylan was doing fine at the u20 some years back .

Dylan Strome at eliteprospects.com

Here they say only good about him ;)

I am surprised about that Jared McCann he have a bright future, and A Mantha is crazy , its crazy how many players Canada have to pick from really

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I've liked Fabbro myself, solid defensively who makes good reads and takes the man and executes his plays in the offensive zone pretty solidly. He has graded out well IMO.

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
it's too bad because the tournament has been great and this team could have been so much better
You have so much depth that you best on best can put together 3 full teams that can win the Olympic gold , no other nation have that not even close

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I am surprised at people on here that thought he was on the bubble to begin with.

Stone has long been one of the most underrated players in the NHL.

Injury last year kept him under the radar but the guy can do it all. Hit, score, and set things up all while being the best in the NHL for takeaways since Datsyuk.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Stone has long been one of the most underrated players in the NHL.

Injury last year kept him under the radar but the guy can do it all. Hit, score, and set things up all while being the best in the NHL for takeaways since Datsyuk.
Terrific player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad