WC: Canada 2019 roster (Who will go in Slovakia ?)

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
What do club teams winning the Stanley Cup have to do with Canada and Canadian hockey?

The Stanley Cup has nothing to do with Canadian international hockey or the popularity of hockey in Canada.

Canada wins at the international level, this is the international section. Stanley Cup talk is irrelevant here.
my point was simple... America is doing a better job than Canada in the Hockey world.... the NHL is proving that

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
I've noticed some of Miller and Ferraro's commentary, seems like there's more excitement for opposing teams than there be's for Canada, it might be just me though.

The worst USA hyper is the grease ball with the black curly greasy hair. I can't remember his name. He must be the worst analyst tsn had

Always hypes Americans in top 5. Always and makes a big deal out of it also

Next year looks like an off year for USA.

Next year is a very strong one for Canada

Also , this year apart from Hughes the rest looks like it will also be pretty good for Canada. On par with the USA in this draft

Next year is a different story

And we will see how tsn hypes Americans for next year even though there isn't much to hype

I can't remember the grease ball's name

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
the NHL is related to this tournament because all of our players are from the NHL... Canada deserves to be criticized, they have to do better
Finland the first game outplayed us... Russia looks unstoppable... America.... this is not a great team

london flyer

Jan 2, 2018
the 2 teams that will be in the stanley cup final this year key players are Canadian....bergeron and Marchand and practically the whole roster from the blues .....the blues are the most canadian team in the league.....I think canada is doing just fine

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
the 2 teams that will be in the stanley cup final this year key players are Canadian....bergeron and Marchand and practically the whole roster from the blues .....the blues are the most canadian team in the league.....I think canada is doing just fine
I would say Pastrnak, Krejci and Rask are pretty important too.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
You guys ever think they show American games because they're more likely to have a squad of NHLers with recognizable names for casual hockey fans?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You guys ever think they show American games because they're more likely to have a squad of NHLers with recognizable names for casual hockey fans?
Wouldn't explain the same thing going on for their junior team at the W.J.C.

We are going to get to the bottom of this one way or another some day, somethings amiss.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Wouldn't explain the same thing going on for their junior team at the W.J.C.

We are going to get to the bottom of this one way or another some day, somethings amiss.
USA has 3 times as many players as the 3rd most represented nationality (Sweden) so it's also showing the most NHL hopefuls.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
a near perfect performance from Canada vs the States... if only McDavid didn't get injured.... and Crosby basically said he was too tired for the tournament... they should really consider delaying the tournament a little while so that NHL players have a little rest.... the NHL after all is the toughest competition in the world

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
The Team USA thread is gold right now. Every time they lose, it’s refs, bounces, big ice, refs, bounces, blah blah blah. It’s incredible to think how poor their overall historic record is in all things hockey given that the only thing holding them back from invincibility is luck and players “not playing to potential.”

Too bad they “played down to our level.” :laugh:

Worst Team Canada in recent memory versus the best Team USA ever (as it was repeatedly heralded)? Slovakia gave us more problems.

Reactions: TheBeastCoast

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
a near perfect performance from Canada vs the States... if only McDavid didn't get injured.... and Crosby basically said he was too tired for the tournament... they should really consider delaying the tournament a little while so that NHL players have a little rest.... the NHL after all is the toughest competition in the world
Not many more would come if we postpone it for 2 weeks, everybody is banged up after full season and most importantly north Americans don´t care.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I ripped on the Turris and McCann selections but it seems that I was wrong. Good stuff there. I'm glad that young guys like Dubois, Chabot and Mantha are playing well. I want to see how Murray did today in the replay of the game in a few hours too.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I ripped on the Turris and McCann selections but it seems that I was wrong. Good stuff there. I'm glad that young guys like Dubois, Chabot and Mantha are playing well. I want to see how Murray did today in the replay of the game in a few hours too.
You will like what you see.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I was wrong and it actually won't be on later, so I likely won't see the game at any point, but it's still good to know that Canada has young goaltenders playing well.
It is both comforting and refreshing, goalies had been a problem for quite some time.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I was wrong and it actually won't be on later, so I likely won't see the game at any point, but it's still good to know that Canada has young goaltenders playing well.

There should be full replay on YouTube, if it’s not geoblocked.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Burns/Couture please!

Canada's roster is maxed out. you can only add to the roster up to 25. and even if there was room to add a defensemen and forward I would be opposed to flying over a couple of players just to play a 1/4 final game. Not even Burns or Couture. I'd rather win or lose with the players I have in the room.

This team has done a little better than I expected. a lot better than some expected. 1 or 2 folks around here predicted relegation. instead they finish 1st. in the group. They deserve to finish what they started. Strome still needs to go to the pressbox though.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad