WJC: Canada 2019 Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyanalyst99

Dec 22, 2017
Team Canada needs to carry 14-15 forwards until the Dec 25th for its own safety. There are 2-3 forwards on this team who are not 100% healthy. Most of these forwards do not play that many CHL games, missing a few games with their own teams are no big deals. Staying with TC, they get to practise with elite junior players and play 3 2-3 exhibition games with the world elite junior competition.
IT IS GOOD FOR THE 1 - 2 EXTRA FORWARDS.

Reactions: DavidLamb

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Team Canada needs to carry 14-15 forwards until the Dec 25th for its own safety. There are 2-3 forwards on this team who are not 100% healthy. Most of these forwards do not play that many CHL games, missing a few games with their own teams are no big deals. Staying with TC, they get to practise with elite junior players and play 3 2-3 exhibition games with the world elite junior competition.
IT IS GOOD FOR THE 1 - 2 EXTRA FORWARDS.

They are only allowed to carry 20 skaters. No way to carry 15 forwards and realistically 14 is out of the question as well.

I do have to wonder, is Anderson-Dolan good enough to justify making the team after a long layoff and with a decent possibility that he isn't at 100%? Particularly with Vilardi in the same boat? Barring a very strong camp I would lean toward leaving Anderson-Dolan off the team.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
They are only allowed to carry 20 skaters. No way to carry 15 forwards and realistically 14 is out of the question as well.

I do have to wonder, is Anderson-Dolan good enough to justify making the team after a long layoff and with a decent possibility that he isn't at 100%? Particularly with Vilardi in the same boat? Barring a very strong camp I would lean toward leaving Anderson-Dolan off the team.
Poster said until Dec 25th. You can carry as many as you want up to the start of the tournament. Anderson-Dolan is also definitely good enough to be on the team and his was a wrist injury I believe....That isn't really that big of a worry when it comes to re-injury.

hockeyanalyst99

Dec 22, 2017
This year team will not be as quick as last year team by a tiny bit. This is by comparing the forwards, line by line.

Speed Comparison
L1 Dube(fast) Steel Kyrou (fast) > Formenton(fast) Vilardi Suzuki
L2 Katchouk Thomas Raddysh = Lafreniere Glass Tippett
L3 Formenton (fast) Howden Comtois (fast) = Foudy(fast) Hayton Comtois(fast)
L4 Steenbergen McLeod Batherson = Bowers Studnicka Leason
Gadjovich (slow) < Dellandrea/Entwistle

Clague Timmins = Smith Bouchard
Mete (fast) Fabbro > Joseph Mitchell
Makar (fast) Foote > McIsaac Dobson
Bean (slow) < Brook

Last year team 1st line was very quick. So it will tough to set up the same line with similar speed and talent. Line 2 is match-able if you have the Glass Line. Line 3 are comparable since they similar players. Line 4, i am trying to assemble similar players compared to last year team in terms of speed and styles of play. The 13th forward for this year is definitely better than last.

On Defense, last year team is definitely quicker with players like Mete and Makar carrying the pucks out the defensive zone. So, if you have some ideas to assemble players for this year team to make it faster and more skilled, please drop a line.

PS, before you do that, please ensure that you watch the players' videos first and analyze them carefully before you write your analysis. Please do write OBJECTIVELY and provide evidence as we do not want to waste time on personal opinions.

hockeyanalyst99

Dec 22, 2017
This year team will not be as quick as last year team by a tiny bit. This is by comparing the forwards, line by line.

Speed Comparison
L1 Dube(fast) Steel Kyrou (fast) > Formenton(fast) Vilardi Suzuki
L2 Katchouk Thomas Raddysh = Lafreniere Glass Tippett
L3 Formenton (fast) Howden Comtois (fast) = Foudy(fast) Hayton Comtois(fast)
L4 Steenbergen McLeod Batherson = Bowers Studnicka Leason
Gadjovich (slow) < Dellandrea/Entwistle

Clague Timmins = Smith Bouchard
Mete (fast) Fabbro > Joseph Mitchell
Makar (fast) Foote > McIsaac Dobson
Bean (slow) < Brook

Last year team 1st line was very quick. So it will tough to set up the same line with similar speed and talent. Line 2 is match-able if you have the Glass Line. Line 3 are comparable since they similar players. Line 4, i am trying to assemble similar players compared to last year team in terms of speed and styles of play. The 13th forward for this year is definitely better than last.

On Defense, last year team is definitely quicker with players like Mete and Makar carrying the pucks out the defensive zone. So, if you have some ideas to assemble players for this year team to make it faster and more skilled, please drop a line.

PS, before you do that, please ensure that you watch the players' videos first and analyze them carefully before you write your analysis. Please do write OBJECTIVELY and provide evidence as we do not want to waste time on personal opinions.

Hello,

Very impressive analysis, I watched the videos of each individual players as well. I have to agree with you on your point. Although, there are small tactical adjustments which they can implement to increase the pace and speed of the team, such as shorter shifts and daily physical preparations. However, It is always easier to have quicker players on the team. This makes everything easier.

I do not why many individuals are supporting Morgan Frost. He looked awe-fully slow in the OHL -Russia challenge and Summer show case. He better plays a lot quicker during camp if he wants to make this team, do not want any favoritism here. Many CHL players are just used to player on smaller rinks which require less skating and puck carrying ability. Hence, they tend to look slow when compared elite Swedish, Russian, and American players. Anyone who has a solution for this, please drop off your ideas for HC/CHL i.e. National Progam for Junior A players (20 games vs U sports) or skill access report (each CHL player is required to spend 2 weeks working on skating and puck-handling with specialized coaches and cannot play more than 60 games)

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Poster said until Dec 25th. You can carry as many as you want up to the start of the tournament. Anderson-Dolan is also definitely good enough to be on the team and his was a wrist injury I believe....That isn't really that big of a worry when it comes to re-injury.

Fair enough with regard to December 25. I'm not particularly convinced that Anderson-Dolan has shown enough to warrant selection if he is limited (along the same lines as Speers was in 2017) but again that's what the camp and exhibition games should be for. if he is good to go his speed would be a nice element.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Fair enough with regard to December 25. I'm not particularly convinced that Anderson-Dolan has shown enough to warrant selection if he is limited (along the same lines as Speers was in 2017) but again that's what the camp and exhibition games should be for. if he is good to go his speed would be a nice element.
December 22 is the last day to finalize the roster.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
December 22 is the last day to finalize the roster.

Rosters don't get submitted until the 25th but you can leave open spots and add guys later. For instance Finland last year left 1 of their roster spots open and kept both and extra forward and D with the team both who weren't officially named to the team until I think their last round robin game when they decided to add the forward and sent the D home. Canada could keep as many guys as they want with the team until Dec 25th and in theory if they have a couple guys they're unsure about, leave a spot or 2 open and keep extras with the team into Dec 26th before their first game or in theory even after that if they were ok going short in the meantime.

Reactions: Statsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->