WJC: Canada 2019 Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
So do you guys think this team is better or worse then last year?
Who are favorites to win?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
So do you guys think this team is better or worse then last year?
Who are favorites to win?
I think on paper this is a better team then last year for sure. Biggest question mark for me is definitely coaching though. Ducharme was a great coach and was able to get a Gold and Silver out of two weaker age groups. Now Hunter has the talent see if he is able to work with it. But I would say Canada has to be the favorites as of right now.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Vilardi possibly injured again. Apparently will be reevaluated on Monday. Rumours , though not confirmed as far as I know, that it is related to his wonky back.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
that's too bad if he can't go. I had him on a 3rd. line with Comtois Veleno. I'd slot Tippet in the RW slot now. still a very good to great 3rd.line imo.

and 13th. forward spot becomes an open competition at camp.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If Vilardi is out, that probably significantly boosts the chances for Studnicka or possible Entwistle. Right wing is probably Canada's most shallow position.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
If Vilardi is out, that probably significantly boosts the chances for Studnicka or possible Entwistle. Right wing is probably Canada's most shallow position.

has there been any talk of Hockey Canada calling another player to camp if Vilardi is a no go? Mattheos would probably be the choice.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
has there been any talk of Hockey Canada calling another player to camp if Vilardi is a no go? Mattheos would probably be the choice.

I don't know. If I had to guess I would think that they won't invite anyone else given that the number of forwards invited is already pretty high. Should be clear by tomorrow.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Anyone know whats going on with Barrett Hayton? He's missed the last several games with injury and was spotted at the Arizona game last night. Presumably the Coyotes' doctors wanted to get a look at him, which would lead me to believe its more than a minor injury.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Anyone know whats going on with Barrett Hayton? He's missed the last several games with injury and was spotted at the Arizona game last night. Presumably the Coyotes' doctors wanted to get a look at him, which would lead me to believe its more than a minor injury.
That would be an even bigger lose for Canada than Villardi, holy

Reactions: PuckLife

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I'm not sure, lots of forwards already invited but if theyre envisioning the roster and think they have a spot for a slower winger who can produce a lot of offense they might give Mattheos a call. No harm in letting another guy have a chance to prove himself in camp

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada

Frost, Hayton ready to shine

The Greyhounds captain missed his fifth straight game on Sunday after suffering an upper body injury during a recent morning skate.
Asked about his injury heading into the Team Canada camp, Hayton said he didn’t wish to comment on his status.
“I’m really excited for this opportunity,” Hayton added. “I’ve always dreamed about this. To be invited to camp is an honour.”

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I said this earlier about Vilardi as well but depending on his injury status Canada needs to think long and hard about inviting him. People thought I was an idiot for saying if Vilardi cant play at camp and pre tourney to not take him and now looks hes already reinjured. I would hate to leave a guy like Frost at home to keep room for Hayton only to have him playing at 70% or not at all.

Obviously Canada will do their homework on this but him not commenting on his injury status is worrisome. If it was no big deal he would've said something along the lines of I'm going to be good to go for camp, instead he avoided it

Reactions: biturbo19

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Does anyone know anything about Hayton's injury?

He hasn't played in about 2 weeks and was in Arizona the other day.

Think its just precautionary and waiting for camp to start?

Edit: Just read that article and he declined to comment on it.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Does anyone know anything about Hayton's injury?

He hasn't played in about 2 weeks and was in Arizona the other day.

Think its just precautionary and waiting for camp to start?

Edit: Just read that article and he declined to comment on it.
Rumour in the Soo is that he tweaked something, but will be ready to go at the WJ Camp. I heard Arizona wanted to give him a clean bill of health before he went to Victoria.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm somewhat surprised that Vilardi was given a clean bill of health. That's a good thing... I think.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
I'm somewhat surprised that Vilardi was given a clean bill of health. That's a good thing... I think.

The ... I think... part is probably what if they take him and he lasts one game and gets reinjured
Hmm.. that’s going to be a tough call
Hard to lose a roster spot
I don’t know enough about him really,
He always seems to be laid up
Hope he makes it and becomes MVP

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The ... I think... part is probably what if they take him and he lasts one game and gets reinjured
Hmm.. that’s going to be a tough call
Hard to lose a roster spot
I don’t know enough about him really,
He always seems to be laid up
Hope he makes it and becomes MVP

You're correct regarding what I meant. If LA's doctors gave him the go ahead and he satisfies at the camp then I am in favour of selecting him, but the risk that he is selected and then gets hurt in the first or second game is there. Regardless of team Canada you do hope for the guy that he can move past these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad