WJC: Canada 2018 Roster Talk

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Shout out to Drake Batherson for a great tournament and coming up big when it counted!
He had a very big impact for a 12/13 forward coming in. Also impressed with Timmins. He was a rock back there for us the whole tournament and we needed his presence. Not as fast or flashy but rock steady.

Reactions: jj cale

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
For those that hasn't seen this stat about Connor Timmins:

On ice for even strength goals for: 16
On ice for even strength goals against: 1
Plus/Minus: +15

Next best in the tourney was Mete at +11. Three other guys were between +10 and +8, and the entire rest of the players at the WJC were less than half the +/- of Timmins. Amazing!

Reactions: Ivan13

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'd take Chabot or maybe Makar. Chabot has all of the tools to be a very good defenceman and Makar is similar. I expect that Mete will be a solid middle pairing defenceman but never a really top end guy. Mete may end up at the Olympics this year and if he excels there maybe he is viable for the IIHF tournament. Girard is difficult to predict, he started off very strong with Nashville and Colorado but I think that the NHL grind (plus a fist) has gotten to him somewhat. I think that Girard would have been tremendous in this tournament, and probably in 2017 too.

He is ppg since Barrie went down and is QBing the PP like a seasoned vet, so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
He is ppg since Barrie went down and is QBing the PP like a seasoned vet, so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

It's from him going a month without a point, but if his play has improved recently that's good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->