Canada 16 shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

I just got a look at the stats, and the Czechs outshot Canada 33-16.

Now, I don't remember a game where Canada was held to 16 shots in a best on best tourney.

Is that an all-time low if we look at all the Canada/World Cups and the Olympics since 1998?

PS. It may sound like bashing, but it's not. I just want to know the stats. :help:

Frozen

Aug 23, 2004
Yet the 16 shots were all they needed. It is surprisingly low though. :eek:

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
shawn_kemp said:
I just got a look at the stats, and the Czechs outshot Canada 33-16.

Now, I don't remember a game where Canada was held to 16 shots in a best on best tourney.

Is that an all-time low if we look at all the Canada/World Cups and the Olympics since 1998?

PS. It may sound like bashing, but it's not. I just want to know the stats. :help:

They don't want to run up the score and give HF posters fodder to bash Canada :D

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
the win might be a very bad thing for canada. it may seem that they are back on track, but they were outplayed for most of the game. and a few pucks were very close to crossing canada's line. canada still isn't up to standards.

w/o vokoun's 2 very soft goals, czechs win it. czechs played well i thought, other than a few bad turnovers. the 2nd-4th lines played well, much better than they had been.

this was the best game of the tournament.

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
Canada came out hard, but once they got the 3-0 lead they stopped playing aggressively and let the Czechs come. Sitting on a lead may work for a lot of European teams, but that is not Canadian hockey and is the reason the game was so uneven in the last 40 minutes. I think the win was good for Canada to build a little confidence, while still clearly highlighting a number of things on which they need to improve.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Hemsky4PM said:
If Vokoun doesn't have a terrible game Canada loses badly.
Badly? Without the very weak Cajanek goal at the start of the 3rd the Czechs score 1 goal in the game. How is that losing badly?

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Hemsky4PM said:
If Vokoun doesn't have a terrible game Canada loses badly.

Huh? Cajanek's goal was weak, the first goal was a fortunate 5 on 3. But nevermind how they happened...losing 2-0 (at the worst) is losing "badly"?

Hardly.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Canada might be (usually) the very best forechecking team. Right now, they are DUMPING the damn puck without pursuing it... It's really mind boggling how this team is coach right now.

Horrible by all accounts.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
ryz said:
Badly? Without the very weak Cajanek goal at the start of the 3rd the Czechs score 1 goal in the game. How is that losing badly?
they were badly outplayed. how the team plays is much more important than a win, at this stage.
canada has been mediocre for most of the tourney.

NBHABSFAN

Mar 17, 2004
Ottawa
The reason they had so little shots is because the only played in the 1st period. I belive they only had 1 or 2 shots in the 3rd. I am a little worried going into the QF tomorrow.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
nik jr said:
they were badly outplayed. how the team plays is much more important than a win, at this stage.

Czechs played desperate, giving everything they had *yawn* not quite enough though ;)

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
trippyime said:
Why aren't all these people making excuses for the Czechs being called whiners like we were for the last 3 days?

Wow, now this is the ultimate whining post! Whining about why someone else is not being called a whiner. :propeller

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
trippyime said:
Why aren't all these people making excuses for the Czechs being called whiners like we were for the last 3 days?

Because Czech posters arn't posting new threads complaining about the ice, the rules, the crowds, and so on?

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
naihlflames said:
Wow, now this is the ultimate whining post! Whining about why someone else is not being called a whiner. :propeller

No Canadian train wreck here this time. No opportunity for gloating, better luck next game :)

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Epsilon said:
Because Czech posters arn't posting new threads complaining about the ice, the rules, the crowds, and so on?

Gone off to cry in their beer I suppose :)

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Epsilon said:

Everyone's making excuses for them though, aren't they?

And whoever said my post is whining, how is asking a question whining? I'm curious. Double standards piss me off.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
trippyime said:
Everyone's making excuses for them though, aren't they?

And whoever said my post is whining, how is asking a question whining? I'm curious. Double standards piss me off.

I'm sorry are you posting, All this time I've been staring at your Avatar

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
nik jr said:

Winning is what's important.

If they hadn't scored 3 goals in the first, they probably wouldn't have played the way they did in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

They wanted to score, they wanted to score on the PP, and they wanted to win.

Mission accomplished.

And they even got a nice performance from Brodeur as well.

Lots of good things to focus on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad