Speculation: Can you see TOR trading for a winger this season?

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Simmonds should be looked at even if Nylander resigns or we get a winger back in return if we trade him.
Think he would do great on our team on any of the top 3 lines.

Reactions: OVO16

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
A rental will cost a 1st rnd pick and Simmonds for sure will want a long term deal similar to the ones JVR, Lucic, Ladd and others have gotten.
If that is the case perhaps I am not that interested.
But we should keep him on our radar to see if we can get him for less.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If we deal Nylander, I’d rather we improve our D. Something like:

Nylander, Gardiner, Zaitsev
for
Pesce, Faulk, Gauthier

Marleau - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Lindholm - Kadri - Brown
Johnsson/Ennis - Gauthier - Leivo

Rielly - Pesce
Dermott - Faulk
Borgman - Hainsey

Andersen
Sparks

I think this team gains more from an improved D than it does from improved wingers. Our forwards are good enough to tear it up, especially if they’re backed by a D that can quickly end defensive possessions and trigger quality breakouts.

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
I could see Dubas watching the top line on Boston last night and thinking that having three offensive guys on one line is a good idea,instead of two. If Dubas could find a winger with skill to play on JT's left side,that would be great!

I think Dubas goes for best players available. Forget positional need. Why pigeon hole yourself. Nylander gets moved Mathews could use a high skilled left winger. Marleau isn’t cutting it and Kappy on the right side is a good replacement.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Would CLB do WN for Panarin straight up?
Given the length of control, I think they would. He, with KK on Matthews' line, would be ridiculous.
Awesome choice...except it has been rumored that Panarin wants to go to a coast line city or some bullshyte.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I think Dubas goes for best players available. Forget positional need. Why pigeon hole yourself. Nylander gets moved Mathews could use a high skilled left winger. Marleau isn’t cutting it and Kappy on the right side is a good replacement.
Yup.I think so as well,explore all options. They have Willys money to play with.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Right, but he doesn't have a choice until he is an UFA this year.
Yes ,but ,I doubt Dubas is interested in another potentially disgruntled player ,who will command more coin than Willy.I realise this can be sorted out before anything gets finalized,but the money for Panarin is expected to be larger than Wills ask.Making him cost prohibitive.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
I don't disagree but, as I mentioned (I think in another thread), the Leafs need to make hay NOW. They need to start pushing while salaries are cheap, and if that means trading WN for Panarin and making a begging pitch as time expires, so be it

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I don't disagree but, as I mentioned (I think in another thread), the Leafs need to make hay NOW. They need to start pushing while salaries are cheap, and if that means trading WN for Panarin and making a begging pitch as time expires, so be it
Panarin with Matthews or even with JT and Marner (if he was deemed worthy of replacing Hymam,by Babs) would be a sight to see! But the money...can't or won't pay Willy ,how you gonna pay Panarin?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah, I think Dubas tries to get a top 9 Forward back in this Nylander deal too, to go along with the top 4 D. So, something Like

Ferland + Pesce for Nylander

Simmonds + Sanheim for Nylander

Josh Anderson + Savard + Picks for Nylander

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Yeah, I think Dubas tries to get a top 9 Forward back in this Nylander deal too, to go along with the top 4 D. So, something Like

Ferland + Pesce for Nylander

Simmonds + Sanheim for Nylander

Josh Anderson + Savard + Picks for Nylander
Curious as to who gets replaced in the Leafs top for D? Zaitsev seems to be the odd man out ,so maybe a larger deal involving him as well?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Curious as to who gets replaced in the Leafs top for D? Zaitsev seems to be the odd man out ,so maybe a larger deal involving him as well?

Dont see why Zaitsev would need to be moved. Zaaitsev would merely puch Oziganov out and fall to the 3rd pairing. So for example,

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Pesce
Dermott-Zaitsev

or

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Savard
Dermott-Zaitsev

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Dont see why Zaitsev would need to be moved. Zaaitsev would merely puch Oziganov out and fall to the 3rd pairing. So for example,

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Pesce
Dermott-Zaitsev

or

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Savard
Dermott-Zaitsev
I considered this as well,but isn't Zaits overpaid for a #5/6 Dman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad