Can you buy a replica Stanley Cup?

red34

Oct 28, 2003
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a close replica of the Stanley Cup. I know your average trophy shop can't make a replica because of trademarks, but someone somewhere must have something close. I'm looking for a youth league championship trophy- something that we can add a plate to each year just like the NHL and display at our rink. I would like it to be something better than just your average cup on top of a wood base. I don't want it to be an exact replica. Any help would be appreciated.

EatSleepJeep

Dec 31, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This officially licensed 2' tall replica Stanley Cup® Trophy Pack from UPI Marketing is made of high-quality chrome painted ABS plastic, and includes a crate, table cover, white gloves and a "New Keeper of the Cup" Certificate.

I'm going to bet that doesn't engrave well.

They can do pretty amazing things with acrylic, which can be engraved. I saw one that a local HS league had made up where it was acrylic hockey sticks of varying lengths in a quartz type pattern. It was similar in concept to the one shown below except about 36" tall and the tops were stick blades going off in various directions.
a0114fn0.jpg

You could easily have them affix a round or square base that could be customized. Plus, acrylic glues easily so the could add layers on as years go by. You also don't have to worry too much about breakage. Here's a quick n dirty concept of their trophy and your requirement for a base with names. You'll have to mix in the above picture for the idea.
trophywn3.png

Or you could just get a big acrylic cup like them make an acrylic base that can be expanded.

FreshNsoClean

Skater turned Goalie
Mar 15, 2008
State of Hockey
I'd like to buy one with names on it. Call me crazy, but I'd pay for it. I'm building a great man cave and would love to have this.

Can't find one... yet

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
My guess is if you want a replica that's close to the real cup, it'll cost you at least four digits, and you'll need to find someone to custom make it for you, will probably be hard to find one off the shelf.

Manzevich

May 4, 2021
I'm looking to buy a close replica of the Stanley Cup. I know your average trophy shop can't make a replica because of trademarks, but someone somewhere must have something close. I'm looking for a youth league championship trophy- something that we can add a plate to each year just like the NHL and display at our rink. I would like it to be something better than just your average cup on top of a wood base. I don't want it to be an exact replica. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210504_190803.jpg
    20210504_190803.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad