Can we talk about Geno?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
What is funny to me, and by funny I mean sad and pathetic, is that now on the main board people are using Malkin's latest spurt to yet again bash Crosby. When Crosby hit 700 points almost no one on the main board said a thing good about him, a few, but it was 90% Pens' fans. Threads about what underwear a player wears have been longer than that thread. Now Malkin has caught fire as well and it is used to bash Crosby. The vast majority really hate Crosby over there. I think that the media as well. I wonder if the Olympics may temper that at least temporarily. You would think that people might put aside their hatred of him for at least a week or so when he plays for their country's team and was the hero of the last Olympics. As for Malkin, he has always been the 'some of my best friends are black' Penguin for far too many. 'Yeah I hate the Pens, but look I am not unreasonable, I like Malkin, see!'

That was the same way about Malkin though earlier this season, when everybody praised Crosby. It's unfair but people are people.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Malkin playing like an Art Ross winner again. Loved to see his one-timer back courtesy of a (gasp) nice Letang pass in the Leafs game. I think he's back at 100% now and playing like it, which is so very good to see! Neal is like a proper first line winger on that line, and Jokinen is playing like a decent second liner, which is all that Geno really needed as the third wheel on his line (although a Kunitz type would be even better). Overall they are tearing it up and it's great to see Sid and Geno topping the scoring race!

Love how wrong I was creating this thread. Love geno and I hope he makes a push for the art ross

Yes I think several people pointed out that your assumption that it was NOT Malkin's wings holding him back early in the season was wrong, earlier on in the thread. By the looks of it, these folks had it right...Malkin was being held back by very subpar players on his line, the likes of Kobasew, Adams, etc, and is now playing with proper wingers and realizing his full potential.

stefanh

Aug 13, 2006
Gothenburg
James Mìrtle ‏@mirtle 54s
Malkin’s 21 assists in November the most in one month since Gretzky had 21 in January, 1996!

CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

He's playing on fire right now.

Healthy Crosby + Geno = Stanley Cup.

It might seems like an obvious thing to say, but these guys haven't been healthy for a full season besides their rookie year and the 09 campaign. Sure, they might have been healthy going into the playoffs, but they were just coming off injuries.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
these threads always go a long way to showing how bi-polar fandom is. :laugh:

LaughAtMyPain

'91 '92 '09 '16 '17
Oct 26, 2013
I'm very pleased with the way Malkin has been exceptionally dominant in all three zones, on face-offs, and automatic in the shootout. This is a testament to the kind of player that he really is. He WANTS to be better, the team NEEDS him to be better, and now he is doing exactly that.

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
Oddly enough theres never a "Can we talk about Sid" thread.

I do know he's pretty dam consistent, but he does make a few mistakes now and again but always gets a pass by fans and media when they do occur.

Geno not so much

Glad he's playing all world again and getting the results.

Just hope he doesn't go 2 or 3 games without a goal cause then we'll have the ask the question. "Can we talk about Geno".

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
I don't think people are getting what Geno is doing.. Geno is gearing uo for the Olympics... Playing with all these other Russians stars he wont need to score goals as much... Geno even when Neal was out was still consistant in putting up points.. But the points where in the form of assists... Geno has been producing... But we get it.... Geno is compared to Crosby because he makes as much as Crosby... I do believe people just hate on the fact that if there is another player on Crosby's Level, it is Geno...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad