Can we stop with this overrated/underrated nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I think there needs to be an HF plebiscite to ban the use of the terms "underrated, overrated and generational".

dmj616

Oct 12, 2010
And what does it even mean? Player A is underrated on HFboards message boards that you have read? Player A doesn't get mentioned enough in threads you read? I agree, it's very lame.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
This board lives in hyperboles.

If player X has a good week, you’ll se multiple threads, player X is underrrated, multiple player X vs insert any better player, and the funny thing is most people will vote for player X and agree, people on here have very short memories.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Sometimes it's perfectly applicable. Like for instance when people were saying Clayton Keller was potentially going to top Matthews' rookie year. How many people are willing to stick with that opinion? It's blatantly obvious that Keller is not even in the same stratosphere as Matthews.

Harry Waters

Oct 19, 2012
I agree with the first post and the second one was the best response I could think of. Thanks, I needed a laugh.

The only time I ever see people saying a player/team/whatever is overrated or underrated is when they provide no context or explanation to support their claim. It's a useless statement. Everyone has their own opinions on players and saying someone is overrated adds nothing to the discussion.

Underrated post

Reactions: Whaleafs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad