Can we recognize MacKenzie Blackwood as an NHL starting goaltender? Or too soon?

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Allen is contracted for another season. There is no reason why St Louis will buy him out when he has been performing well in a backup role this season.

Devils have no reason to trade for him, when there are capable backup goalies on the free agent market, that they can sign for a cheaper cap hit.

Thanks for sharing. Didn't know he was signed another season. Good points

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
If you really think the comments in both threads are different, you're looking for a fight that's not there.

I see good and bad comments (plenty of each) in both threads.

In the other thread, I see a bunch of Rangers fans saying Georgie has starter potential and a bunch of fans of every other team (Leafs, Kings, Sharks, etc.) saying he is a mediocre at best backup.

In this thread I see a lot of acknowledgement that Blackwood is at least a mediocre starter and better than the current group of young goalies from fans of all teams.

Not looking for a fight, because I don't particularly care and don't have a dog in the fight, but to say otherwise is interesting. The post you quoted even directly gives kudos to him and all the young goalies in that division.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
I suppose not even the Devils interim coach likes Blackwood enough!

Two days off after b2b shutouts and were starting our backup tonight

Our next opponent you may wonder? DETROIT...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->