Can we finally come to the conclusion that at age 20, Laine is not better than OV was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
There was a small contingent. I thought they were utterly crushed in the discussion last year, but then they went into zombie mode and revived all the same debunked arguments.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I never understood the comparison to begin with.

Their only similarity is that they both shoot good.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't understand why Laine and Ovechkin were ever compared.

Laine is as comparable to Ovechkin as Kovalchuk and Stamkos. They all have one thing in common. They are absolutely f***ing deadly with their one timer on the PP but besides that their games are totally different.

Ovechkin is a physical beast that even today just bulldozes anyone in his way, he created his own offense (which to this point cannot really be said about Laine). He is as good a playmaker as he is a goalscorer and he is a generational talent. Only guys up there with him are Crosby and McDavid (and maybe Malkin considering the amount of trophies he's won).

I expect peak Laine to win Rocket Richard's but other than that, he's got nothing comparable to Ovechkin.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
The two play completely different games so I could never see any reason to compare them. I love watching them both. Laine has a simply amazing shot. Ovechkin played on a complete crap team but would just completely take over games when he was a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->