Can we do something?

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
listen, im not trying to support the team.....they dont deserve it....not a dime....but can we get a group of us like 15-20 strong get 5 dollar tickets on stub hub and start some huge chants.....cappy must go, snow must go, sell wang sell, fish sticks, etc.......with a group of 20 we could get some good chants going....will be fun to commiserate and tailgate but also will raise more and more awareness.....the isles hate PR nightmares....

idk maybe this is just stupid, seeing as though we can't get 5 people to goto a bar to watch the games but i think it needs to be done....other teams fans would have had protests by now....we can do something...

what games can we do?

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
Wouldn't accomplish anything. Winning is overated in wangs mind. He's a loser, doesn't associate with winners, surrounds himself with other losers. Those people don't understand the winning mentality, no does wang want to hire another ahl coach cause it will cost him a half million, and to hire a new gm, will cost him his friendship with snow, which was the only reason snow was hired to begin with.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
listen, im not trying to support the team.....they dont deserve it....not a dime....but can we get a group of us like 15-20 strong get 5 dollar tickets on stub hub and start some huge chants.....cappy must go, snow must go, sell wang sell, fish sticks, etc.......with a group of 20 we could get some good chants going....will be fun to commiserate and tailgate but also will raise more and more awareness.....the isles hate PR nightmares....

idk maybe this is just stupid, seeing as though we can't get 5 people to goto a bar to watch the games but i think it needs to be done....other teams fans would have had protests by now....we can do something...

what games can we do?

Yea, it kind of is to be honest lol. I get that your frustrated and you want to feel better about yourself to start these chants, it won't.

MJP

Jul 27, 2009
ny
I would love to all of us go to a game vs some totally irrelevant team like calgary, and get everyone to wear red and get obnoxious loud for Calgary, and on teh red shirts in big white letters say wang must go, or snow, whichever. Will never happen, but it would be greatttt

bigbren92

Mar 13, 2012
We'd just be drowned out by those manly men up in 329 anyway.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I used to love them because they were the ones to start the LGI chants... But now it's a bunch of high school kids chanting these long ass chants that literally nobody can understand... Most obnoxious group of fans I've ever seen :shakehead

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island

what games can we do?

The way things are going, those chants will be there organically next home game.

Just join in.

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
Reality is....there is nothing we can do. Garth has preached this "staying the course" ***** from the start and he's to proud to admit the team he has put together in his 10 years (outsite of a couple of guys) is crap. As we've beat to death already, Snow did nothing to address our weaknesses this summer. This was the summer the team had to take the next step, spend the money, trade some assests to make the team stronger. Wang said himself, the rebuild is considered 1 year behind (that was after making the playoffs). If he is man of his word and that statement is indeed true, then Snow along with the coaching staff should be sent packing as clearly they failed. Seriously, we lose 2 average dmen and 1 average goalie and we sink, Det is playing without their top line and they are still in games if not winning them. This organization is so frustrating and as a longtime fan, like most here, we can't just register for a new team to love. We bleed blue white and orange, that will never change. This is what makes me step closer and closer to the end of the ledge (the hockey fan ledge). Until my next rant, hope all my fellow islander fans are looking forward to the christmas holidays with our loved ones.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Rembrandt Snow and van Gogh Wang have painted this team into a corner with no exit point and they have run out of paint.
Nowhere to go and nothing that can be done that does not ruin anything that has already been accomplished.

Panic and sell the prospects? Trade Tavares for what/who? Wait for free agency and compete to overpay if we can attract? Our our prospects as good as we hope and will we develop them instead of ruin them?

The management of this team has not performed on a professional level with failures of omission and comission as the body of their work.
The team has regressed. There is no clear path to immediate relief taking the slow and steady that we have stayed with.

Wish I knew the answers how to make a quick turn around, but I do not. Constant tinkering and rash big moves like Holmgren makes is not in the plan as his owner will pay for his mistakes when it is only money.

It would take Yormark demanding a change in management culture and risk of capital loss for ANY chance to change the dynamic within the next 3 years.
I do not delde myself into thinking Strome, Reinhart, Pulock, Nelson will make a pigs ear into a silk purse in the next 2-3 years, they will still be learning their positions if development goes well.

Sorry for the pessmism, the black clouds are in control right now and I can not see the silver lining Snow has been promoting.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
what is left of the Isles fanbase (even less so now, that BK is closing in) is too indifferent to do anything like this.

Carrie Underwood did great last night.. ;)

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
I did something, put all my remaining partial plan tix on stubhub for dirt cheap. F this franchise. I am done this season but I have been done since the Detroit game last week. Wang/Snow/Cappy/Everybody Must Go!

:baghead:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Yeah, you can do something. You can watch the games or you can not watch the games. As a hockey fan (not just an Isles fan) I'll probably be watching more games of my hometown team (Wild) and still be entertained. Hope they make it to the playoffs.

As far as "raising awareness" goes, if you truly have that motivation, why not channel that energy to a more productive cause than a two-bit hockey team that's here purely to entertain. Redirect that passion towards something that matters. :)

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Watching or not watching the games, won't do anything. Perhaps it will help your mental frame of mind -- that's about it.

The Isles must get a .00004 share on TV and 0.0 (a la Animal House) on any radio broadcast they may or may not have.

Even not going to a game does nothing. If they get 8000 or 5000 a night -- does it matter?

The bottom line is that the team is hemorrhaging money, fans and talent and appears to be doing nothing about it. Mgmt doesnt care,

WHY
SHOULD
WE?

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Unless we can somehow pressure Wang to sell the team, I don't see anything changing.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Crapuano needs to go, Thompson needs to go, Dead Weight needs to go, Garth Snow (who is most likely the ******* {Mod Edit} son of Roose Bolton and some ***** {ME} from Winterfell) needs to go, and above all else Wang needs to go :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad