Can we all agree that Erik Karlsson is a terrible defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
I’ve always felt he is very overrated. But now that the sharks get another game he is dynamic enough to do something special if they advance.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Erik Karlsson will be remembered as one of the greatest defensemen in history, but you know, cherrypick the times when he's injured, sure.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Some team will regret the inevitable massive signing in the summer. Maybe the sharks

I tend to agree with this as his injuries seem like they might be catching up to him.

I really wonder if he would be playing if it wasn't the playoffs?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Why would that not be his job? As a hockey player, your job is drive goal differentials for your team, so that your team can win. That's what Karlsson does.

Have you even bothered looking up what his ESGF and ESGA is over his career?

He has been a high event player during his time in the NHL, unfortunately goals go into his net more often than into the opposition net.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
It's a shame. Back in Ottawa it looked like his career was going to get back on track and not derailed by injuries.
The career he could have had without the ankle injuries...man.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I hope the Devils break the bank and get him... he would be the best defenseman we,ve had in a very long time...

I think he's staying in SJ though

Reactions: Bleedred

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
He is giving away pucks left and right in an elimination game. Has been doing this since his days in Ottawa but the fans turn a blind eye to his defensive shortcomings and point to his offensive production. However, that has also dried up. So what does he have left? Nothing. His passing is terrible; he constantly coughs up the puck. His skating is terrible, he constantly lets people enter the defensive zone with blazing speed. He has a very bad physical game and on top of that, is very injury prone. At this rate, he should just move to forward so someone else can play actual defense...

This was an account dedicated to taking random shots at Karlsson in previous years. Thinking it's someone with beef.

Just FYI for everyone.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's terrible.

I'd rather have Justin Braun any day.

Ron Hainsey too.

I'd rather have stud prospect Steven Santini over him too.

Karlsson is teh suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->