Can we all agree that Erik Karlsson is a terrible defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

voiceofreason666

Apr 17, 2019
He is giving away pucks left and right in an elimination game. Has been doing this since his days in Ottawa but the fans turn a blind eye to his defensive shortcomings and point to his offensive production. However, that has also dried up. So what does he have left? Nothing. His passing is terrible; he constantly coughs up the puck. His skating is terrible, he constantly lets people enter the defensive zone with blazing speed. He has a very bad physical game and on top of that, is very injury prone. At this rate, he should just move to forward so someone else can play actual defense...

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Well he has like one foot.

Feel bad for whatever team gives this fella big money.
There will be about 31 teams lined up to do it, hard enough to have a 60-70 point forward, even harder to have a defenseman do it. The sharks issue is they have 2 defenseman who are run and gun. So they are exposed more

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
No, I've seen terrible defensemen as the Hurricanes iced many of them 5-10 years ago. EK65 may not be the player he once was but he isn't terrible.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Not counting the playoff since he's playing injured, but defense has never been his strong suit. Great offensive dman though.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
This is exactly why Tavares schemed the Islanders into not trading him at last years trade deadline. There was nothing to gain, instead of risking having a crappy playoff performance or getting injured and that might have put a damper on his UFA market as it surely will for Karlsson.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

voiceofreason666

Apr 17, 2019
Probably because his team has Brent Burns on it
.... thats more of a compliment to San Jose, than an insult to Karlsson. How many teams can say they had a defensemen with 60+ points?
He also wouldnt be the best offensive defenseman if he was on:
TBL
Dallas Stars
Calgary Flames
Toronto Maple Leafs
Nashville Predators

Thats already 6 teams off the top of my head

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
the biggest issue ive noticed in the sharks/knights series is that he shies away from contact 100% of the time, even if it means losing a puck battle or giving the puck away entirely. he’s also usually in too deep trying to generate offense, which leads to a forward back on defense or an odd man rush.

you cant ignore his offensive contributions, but when the puck isnt going in, he is hurting the team

Reactions: southernbeardown54

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It is so wonderfully perfect that somebody with ‘666’ in their screen name is delievering this nonsense try-hard edgey take.

Reactions: amethyst

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I don't even know how he can skate with his left foot. I think he'll be one of those guys you we're gonna look back on and wonder what he could have been

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He's playing really careless at times. There's taking risks and there's dumb risks with very little payoff and Karlsson has been doing that at the very least this game quite a bit. He also had some fantastic plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad