Can the Raptors repeat?

x15Kotkaniemi15x

May 22, 2011
Toronto
The West will be the biggest challenge if they are able to win the East again. What's everyone else's thoughts? If you haven't seen my video, look above! :)

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
There is a path but it's a remote one. Best chance is Milwaukee continues to flounder and they meet the Lakers - against whom they seem to match up well - in the finals.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The NBA is wide open this year. There are probably 6 teams that can win it all this year, including the Raptors. Siakam needs to get it going again on offense though, he hasn't had his usual touch in the bubble.

x15Kotkaniemi15x

May 22, 2011
Toronto
I decided to have a little fun and look at the Raptors, Maple Leafs and Blue Jays star trios and make a ranking as to which I'd rather have right now. Hint: I think Raptors fans will be happy.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I decided to have a little fun and look at the Raptors, Maple Leafs and Blue Jays star trios and make a ranking as to which I'd rather have right now. Hint: I think Raptors fans will be happy.

I would take the Leafs trio of Matthews, Marner, Tavares for the fact that together they could form arguably the best offensive line in hockey...

Lowry is 34 years old, Vanvleet is, at best, a role player on a championship team, and Siakim isn't likely to end up among the truly elite in his league the way Matthews is trending...

Baseball players tend to have volatile and unpredictable careers, so despite their youth and talent, the Jays' trio are the least likely to reach their potential...

Last edited:

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I mean they could. Pascal needs to get going a bit but they are missing that true superstar that the other top teams have (LeBron, Giannis, Kawhi). I wouldn’t be shocked to see them out of the East though, I still would bet Bucks but Raps are up there.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I would take the Leafs trio of Matthews, Marner, Tavares for the fact that together they could form arguably the best offensive line in hockey...

Lowry is 34 years old, Vanvleet is, at best, a role player on a championship team, and Siakim isn't likely to end up among the truly elite in his league the way Matthews is trending...

Baseball players tend to have volatile and unpredictable careers, so despite their youth and talent, the Jays' trio are the least likely to reach their potential...
I think Fred certainly played better than a role player last year. Might have been our third most important player in the finals.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I just meant he's a complementary player, not a star...
Well he’s not the star of the team I suppose, but he certainly has been one of our best players even on a Championship team. He was clearly a top 3 player against GS in the finals and has been our best player so far against the Nets. I just don’t feel he gets enough credit.

Reactions: KapG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->